My Jets are too big . . .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TSandM:
Hmmm . . . weighing the prospect of hauling my dry suit to Hawaii (husband: You're taking WHAT??? The can light is bad enough) versus using fins I don't like . . .

Is a drysuit harder to take than a wetsuit?

Is a dry suit harder to take than a wetsuit? Yes. It's more fragile (don't want to crimp the zipper) and has attached boots. They weigh about the same, but the wetsuit packs up smaller.

For me part of the enjoyment of tropical diving is getting wet! I enjoy my Drysuit, but REALLY just like the feel of being in the water in a wetsuit, or swimsuit for that matter.

This of course is just my opinion, but for me part of the enjoyment is the feel of the water as long as I'm not too cold :05:

I'm with you, Ron -- I love the freedom of movement of my wetsuit. With that and the gear I currently dive, it's like diving with nothing more than a bathing suit. Great fun!

We're going to Maui. Going to do some boat charters with Ed Robinson, and a day of shore diving with Kidspot.

onfloat:
Well, I'm diving dry in Hawaii and enjoy it. What island are you planning on going to?

I'm curious. What type of drysuit do you have (trilam, neoprene) and if trilam what do you wear underneath?

I'm wearing a bare nexgen, which is a bi-lam. I just wear a pair of sweats underneath. I was in San Diego when I started, I was wearing 400g underware then. When I moved to Hawaii I was torn about getting a wet suit or staying dry. My buddy got cold on the first dive I did here. He was in a 3 mil and I was in the dry suit with sweats. I haven't looked back since.

Another suggestion for your oversize fins:

I dive with a wetsuit and a drysuit. New fins come with a plastic insert inside the foot pocket. I assume that their purpose is to maintain the shape of the foot pocket. Most people throw these things away. I found that if I left the plastic inserts in, the fins worked well with my wetsuit booties. Of course I take them out for my drysuit boots.

Ask your local dive shop if they have any of these aroud, they may work for you too!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom