My drying Rack

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TechnoMage

Registered
Reaction score
Just thought I'd share what I did for my drying rack. We have a bathroom downstairs with a decent size shower area that we never used so we use it now as our scuba room.

We live in Washington State and do a lot of cold water diving in Dry Suits. I wanted a rack that was tall enough to hang the dry suits and had wire shelves for other equipment. Here's what I came up with.

DryingRack.jpg

The secret is that I'm using wire shelving with a Nexelon finish so I don't have to worry about corrosion or rusting.

I used 4, 74" poles, 2 86" poles, 3, 18x24 shelves and 1, 18x36 shelf. Total was under $200.00.

It's a little hard to tell from the photo but I've attached four large "D" rings to the shelves on the right side with zip ties. This gives us a place to hang our BC's on the bottom and our gloves, hats, and boots from the top.

-Ron

Hey Ron,
It looks very Nice, all I can say is you must have an awfully understanding Wife, my drying rack is either in our garage or at my hanger depending on the time of year......... any way looks first rate! Dive safe!
Rob

Heck, my wife has more dives under her belt than I do. When it comes to diving, anything that makes things easier is more than fine with her.

-Ron

Well I don't have a wife, but I was considering building a rack. I only have on bathroom in my basement suite I'm renting right now.

Basic idea: simple frame standing over tub, going to celing with a single rail in the middle to hang everything from. Only drawback, stuff can only stay in here while we're not using shower. But rack isn't in the way at all. I can also bolt shower organizer stuff to it.

You guys should make a Dry Suit Dryer. They are sweet and would look nice next to your drying rack.

Eric

Don't really need one. I upgraded the exhaust fan in this bathroom a while back to a more powerful one. We can come home from a night dive, hang everything up, turn on the fan and things will be dry in the morning.

-Ron

Uncle Pug:
Even the dampness from perspiration if left in the suit will over time can lead to mold, odor or both.

I am a new drysuit diver. I would appreciate any information you will part with regarding how you built your dry suit dryer. My drysuit get a good rinse and a hangup in the garage. Wife doesn't dive so she doesn't have any idea what I have to go through ot keep my gear in operational order.

Thanks!

You can also build a rack from lengths of PVC pipe and
'elbow' joints.

Mine is about 3 ft wide and 6 ft high with a 'rod' about 2 feet
from the ground.

I use plastic hangers to hang the gear and I can move the entire arrangment.

G_M

Back
Top Bottom