My drying Rack

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Green_Manelishi:
You can also build a rack from lengths of PVC pipe and
'elbow' joints.

Mine is about 3 ft wide and 6 ft high with a 'rod' about 2 feet
from the ground.

I use plastic hangers to hang the gear and I can move the entire arrangment.

G_M

Do you have a picture of your rack? I was planning on making a rack to set over our bathtub out of pvc as well.

Thanks.

mikedeco:
Do you have a picture of your rack? I was planning on making a rack to set over our bathtub out of pvc as well.

Thanks.

The good Doctor Intrepid's link shows one very close to mine. Mine is wider though. If I owned a digital camera I'd be happy to oblige you. But I don't (although it's on my list to buy) so I can't.

mikedeco:

Thanks.

DIR version of the dryer:

* Redundant (afternoon breeze)

* Low Tech

* No metal-on-metal contact

I built the Dalton Dryer - and use it often. But sometimes when I just need to evap a schvitz, this works great.

K

We made a lightweight version a while back, for taking along on trips. Not really a rack, since it won't stay up on its own (just leave it lying down, hand it from a try, or lean it against a wall). But folds up so it's easy to pack, and does double duty because you can still dry your hair with it!

BTW I really love the Torin blower on Dalton's setup. Powerful, looks like it was made for the purpose, and the price is right. I got a similar rack, but the blower is klutzy -time to upgrade.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom