My back surgery...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

619iOgw7JaL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

1sts...

It's midnight and I had to pee. This bed is far lower than my hospital bed. Luckily one of the doors to my biddy is in line with where I get up. One pull using the door handles and I'm up. Outstanding. Getting up from the recliner earlier was much, much more difficult. Completely the opposite from what I expected.

Home feels good!

This bed is far lower than my hospital bed.
When I got home, my daughter, sister, and nephew spent hours making my house safer, including draining & removing my ancient waterbed and moving my regular bed from my guestroom to my room. That one is much higher than my old waterbed but not as high as a hospital bed, so my daughter installed a Bed Rail similar to this one - but google offers many choices & prices from many stores. It was very helpful...

000.jpg

Thanks Don. I was trying to describe this very item which is living in the shed. Mine has a white handle, but now he knows what to look for. I got it for my sister before she got a hospital bed.

First 24hrs at home. This could grow on me. There were a few dizzy spots, especially just getting up from the bed. But overall, it's been no more pain and lots more kitten cuddles than the hospital. My personal chef, Ethan, has not failed to deliver. Although tonight I'm going to dine on @MrsDeepSeaExplorer's chicken casserole! It smells delish!

Tinkerbell has taken on the roll of cuddle kitten, allowing some visits from Mischka and Tashi. But mostly, I awake to find her purring on my chest or right by my head.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom