My back surgery...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Today, some things seem easier, and some seem harder. Still thankful to be home.

Happy you are home so soon. The process of healing can be a bit uneven. It should get a bit easier and less painful day by day. You've come pretty far in a short time. Take your time.

Two content kiddos...

1000006591.jpg

So, can you walk ok? Using a walker? It took a while for me to get off of mine to a cane, and later off of that, and doing basic housework was very challenging on the walker.

My daughter brought her hairdresser to give me a cut after a couple of months inpatient, and between her not being used to my head and the toll my illness took on my hair, that wasn't great. It's healthier too now, and my regular barber has it back in shape. 🤠

I woke up 3am with the right leg just screaming at me. Oxy to the rescue, but it's hard to be patient when there's that much pain. I can get out of bed to use the toilette easily enough, but trying to get a pillow under that right leg was impossible. Grand Nephew to the rescue. I feel bad calling him, but he's so cool about it all. Even after the Mavs lost and I'm a Celts fan, too!!!

Well, Tink wants to snuggle, so I'll sign off for now.

Just wondering about healing times, I found this...
  • Lumbar spinal fusion
    It could take 4–6 weeks to return to simple activities like light housework, but it could take 6 months to a year for your back to fully heal.

Today is 2 weeks, and I'm home. Not able to do much more than get around most of the house, and that seems to be normal. I just need more patience, that's all.

Just wondering about healing times, I found this...
  • Lumbar spinal fusion
    It could take 4–6 weeks to return to simple activities like light housework, but it could take 6 months to a year for your back to fully heal.

Today is 2 weeks, and I'm home. Not able to do much more than get around most of the house, and that seems to be normal. I just need more patience, that's all.

1718280742704.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom