My back surgery...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not sue where I left off. Still In ICU, still hurt, and it's a week tomorrow. Nurses get a giggle when they ask me where I am and my reply is "Shambles" rather than Shands. Nice group of people who appear concerned and competent. Thought you should know.

Which circle of hell is "Shambles", I forget. :wink:

No diving for an additional 6 months.

Sorry to hear about the complications. :( Can you at least get them to let your 6-month sentence run concurrently and does it preclude "floating"?

Hang in there! And yes humor is likely the best weapon ...

ETA: Funny like above is for the "shambles" part, not the ICU/hurting. Consider this a suggestion for multiple like variants per post ...

Still In ICU, still hurt, and it's a week tomorrow.
Thanks for the update. I'm impressed that you have the stamina to post from ICU. Keep up the good work. 🧑‍⚕️

Really wishing you a good outcome and recovery. Sending you positive energy!

Longest PT session today and I feel it. I don't think I should. I'm in enough pain without adding more. I was able to get up and shuffle aroundwith a walker, but they keep pushing to do more and more.

They'll be rescanning my chest for clots in a bit to be sure they got them all.

I hit send too early. We did the shuffle thing, and then they wanted me to sit in a straight back chair for an hour. That was truly counter productive. I made it 45 minutes.

Just had the chest recheck done and it was like a party bus there and back. Seeing faces I now recognize and can put a name to, makes everything nicer. Another mass sponge bath on the way back and now for a shampoo.

No lie, but some of the staff have started to call me Sweet Pete. Not a typo. Having a fun bunch of people around to heal with is a must. Not as fun as a conga, but there was a lot of laughter. It keeps the spirits up.

Another mass sponge bath on the way back and now for a shampoo.

No lie, but some of the staff have started to call me Sweet Pete.
:rofl3:

"Another mass sponge bath" , "Sweet Pete" ... Are you in a hospital or at Burning Man?

the staff have started to call me Sweet Pete
Would you like your username changed, or just a title? 👀

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom