My back surgery...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This appears to be the case.
You're going to a rehab hospital? I'm sure that you're better at healing yourself than I was, but professional help is best.

You're going to a rehab hospital? I'm sure that you're better at healing yourself than I was, but professional help is best.
It all depends on my right leg.

It all depends on my right leg.

There's a guy in my tai-chi group who recently woke up from a 9-month coma... he keeps commenting on how weird it feels to do stances on jelly legs. The other day he said his right leg fell asleep as he was driving back from Chicago on the Interstate on cruise control, so when he got into town, he had to pull over into a gas station and walk around the car for a few minutes before he could feel the pedals well enough to go into traffic.

Your leg will get there.

Great healing story Uncle B. Sounds like you did great and still doing so...

I got a few tools from the rehab hospital I spent so many weeks in, but I think that Home Health gave me one of those and some other gadgets. Great tool as long I didn't drop it.

That's interesting. The rehab hospital got Medicare to provide a bedside john. We took the bucket out and placed it over my regular john as it made sitting and getting back up easier. I had to pay for my own foldup wheelchair I got from Amazon, but it wasn't much. I didn't use it much, but it did come in handy when I faced a long walk at a doctor's office and other places, and my daughter was usually there to push me. I also learned that I could call a doctor's office from the car and they'd send someone with their wheelchair to come get me.

The PTs at the rehab hospital made me use my walker a lot, then more exercises in the gyms. I was a poor patient and hated it, but I did it all, otherwise, the hospital would have to evict me before I was ready to go home. My daughter nagged me a lot to do my work there as well. I don't guess you were old enough for Medicare and your insurance didn't want to pay for a rehab hospital, and this may be the case for Pete but - I hope he gets sent to one, a good one that will insist on good work.
I walked twice in the hospital before I went home. Never used a walker. Yes on Medicare. They said the only PT I needed was to walk but stressed no twisting or bending. I even made a 3' long shoehorn. Here is the Bide:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-06-02 153153.png
    Screenshot 2024-06-02 153153.png
    125.6 KB · Views: 35
I walked twice in the hospital before I went home. Never used a walker.
I suppose that's why they didn't send you to a rehab hospital. I could barely move with a walker when I went to mine.
I even made a 3' long shoehorn.
Home Health gave me one as well as a wonder tool for mounting socks. I'm saving it all in case I need such again.

Back to Pete: I hope your pain has subsided and your recovery improved.

Cpap on and headed for sleep​

Back
Top Bottom