My back surgery...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Party Time :rofl3: I will have to tell my son! He is in school to be a PT. He is home for the summer working as a PT Assistant, getting his first hands-on, and lovimg it.

My mother also loves PT. Gets annoyed when it runs its course and she has to stop. For her, it really is Party Time.

The fact that she was able to get you up somewhat is great!

I would think that given your roto-rooter stenosis remediation, in additin to the general muscle trauma, you may have some nerve "insults" which might take a little time to recover. Sense and motor nerves maybe.

Glad you came through it well! I hope that most days now are "better" and "more", but give yourself a few mulligans, as it is a process.

Please change your name to: "Bionic Chairman" @The Chairman
Godspeed 🙏 recovery, and looking forward to finally meeting you one day. :cheers:

As a close-up witness to the post-op consequences of extensive back surgery, I can tell you this: If you are able to think and type, you are doing very, very well. You're even coherent! I'll be blunt. The next few days are gonna suck. You might not even remember them later, which is a good thing. In the end, though, it will be worth it. Just take it a step at a time. Figuratively speaking, that is. Keep your eye on the end game, not the day you find yourself in. Every day will be better.

Hey Pete, glad to hear you're on the mend. Prayers for a speedy recovery!

Started the day with blood sugar at 47. No Bueno. A glass of apple juice and it got to 62. Then sugared Gatorade. My, oh my. Then a glass of OJ. I think I'm about to crash and burn
I feel warm all over.

All in all, this has been a good day. I did more and hurt less doing it. It leg is still all jelly, but it's a bit more rigid.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom