My Atomic subframe is here!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

that's the one i got. i first tested it in my bathtub and had a little leak under the nose, then just kind of messed with it, adjusting it a bit on my face, and then it didn't leak. then a couple weeks later had the opportunity to dive in the pool at my LDS testing out new fins and wore the new mask.........no problems. try tightening it just a wee bit, or perhaps just tweaking the placement on your face a little bit. i wanted to be sure mine was ok before sending it off for Rx lenses. but i had no problems in the pool with it. good luck! the skirt is very flexible isn't it? also, if you're a guy, make sure you shave beforehand so that little stubble won't interfere with a good seal.

that's the one i got. i first tested it in my bathtub and had a little leak under the nose, then just kind of messed with it, adjusting it a bit on my face, and then it didn't leak. then a couple weeks later had the opportunity to dive in the pool at my LDS testing out new fins and wore the new mask.........no problems. try tightening it just a wee bit, or perhaps just tweaking the placement on your face a little bit. i wanted to be sure mine was ok before sending it off for Rx lenses. but i had no problems in the pool with it. good luck! the skirt is very flexible isn't it? also, if you're a guy, make sure you shave beforehand so that little stubble won't interfere with a good seal.

Thanks for the tip, I tightened it a little and that seemed to help a bit. Will find out this weekend:D

Just used my new Subframe with ARC lenses last week in Curacao and loved it! First dive, I wasn't so sure I was going to like it. It definitly requires 2-3 scrubs to get the coating off. 2nd day I felt a lot more comfortable with it and had no problems at all. Now I need to get those spring straps...always something new to upgrade to.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom