My Atomic subframe is here!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just to clarify guys - the number of returns due to this is 1 out of 10,000 - I just checked our quality control reports.. I hope this makes everyone feel better.
Thanks,
Darcy

Husband and I just ordered this mask today with ARC lens and black skirt. We have Tusa masks currently, decided to try this one but I am a little worried about leaks since we wear contacts. I hope it wasn't a waste of money. The ARC lens will be interesting to try underwater, especially since I'm a photo nut.

i have the subframe, not the frameless. i was able to put gear on this weekend and get in the pool at my LDS, i was tesing out some fins, but wore my new mask to make sure it didn't leak. no problem! i'm sending mine off today to get my Rx put in it! yippee!

Quote: "The skirt pulling away from the mask is something that we are aware of. As in any new product there is constant R&D and we have looked into this and made changes. If this happens we will replace no questions asked.

As for future masks, the SubFrame has been redesigned and reinforced around the skirt to avoid this problem in the future. The new masks we receive in the future will all have this new bonding process." End of Quote....

Just for clarification: My sub-frame with ARC lenses did not leak either for the first dozen dives or so.

I also use several frameless masks and have not experienced any problems.

Although Darcy from AA has stated that it is a very small percentage of masks that were faulty and that AA has identified a design or manufacturing flaw I'm not sure how you would know if you are getting the new design or being supplied with the original design (with a small chance that it may leak).

Never had a better mask! Small frame fit smy small face perfectly. Be sure you clean it before first few uses with a good defogger otr toothpaste!

superb mask!
only that the clear skirt coloured (wish i went for black one)

oh! mine is the frameless ver.

Just got the subframe in blue/black, I like the fit and the softer silicone. Unfortunately, a little leak under the nose during my OW class and have to clear more than usual. Will be testing it out in OW this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom