My Atomic subframe is here!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NOW you tell me that! (just messin' with ya). but seriously, that's not good!! i too hope an atomic person gets on here and comments.

Atomic Rep here ---- just haven't logged on in a few -
Ok, the mask fogging thing has already been covered - clean it more and if it still fogs clean it again and if still fogs, send it in- we will clean it or replace it. Something in the bonding process can leave a film occasionally, but 95% clean up after a little muscle or correct cleaning procedure has been implemented.

The skirt pulling away from the mask is something that we are aware of. As in any new product there is constant R&D and we have looked into this and made changes. If this happens we will replace no questions asked.

As for future masks, the SubFrame has been redesigned and reinforced around the skirt to avoid this problem in the future. The new masks we receive in the future will all have this new bonding process.
Any questions, please feel free to email me.
thanks,
Darcy
Atomic Aquatics

I bought one 2 summers ago.. I hated it and so has everyone I've tried to pawn it off on so I'm still stuck with it... it looks nice though..
I use a TUSA now.. it's much better

I have the black/blue mask. I like it a lot because I don't have to shave anymore. The skirt is made of a medical grade silicone, so it's softer than the others. I choose black, because I think it gives me better vision, cutting out the ambient light coming in from the sides, which causes me to squint.

My 2 cents.

I'm very happy with mine, its a great mask although I noticed it is getting a little rust on the metal part at the top/front.

Rob

I had the same Mares experience with leaks. I don't think it was the mask, but rather my small face. I tried the MEDIUM sized Atomic...it was perfect!:D

I too looked forward to receiving and trying out my Atomic Sub-frame with ARC lenses....nice fit, black skirt cuts out all extraneous light, looks good, even feels good.... but oh dear 6th dive and a catastrophic failure of the silicon to frame at 24 meters. With well over a 1000 dives it still gave me quite a shock as it went without warning.

In less experienced hands I shudder to think..!

I have used Atomic equipment for years and can't speak highly enough of their products and after sales service. Atomic replaced without question and having browsed the reply from Darcy I understand they have the problem under control, but it begs the question should a mandatory recall have been in order..??

I purchased this mask last summer and I love it! Real low volume make clearing water easy. Great Field of vision. Try this. Put on your old mask...look around, down. Then put on the Atomic. A big difference. You do need to clean it multiple times with tooth paste to keep the fogging at bay. aslo try to keep nose exhalations to a Min. That will hwlp also. Clean clean clean.

I don't have any problem with my atomic fogging. I cleaned it with some Soft Scrub to get the mold release off and since then I spit it in at the beginning of the dives (from 36 degree water here in the midwest to 78 degrees in Bonaire) with no problem with fogging...

Rob

Back
Top Bottom