Murray Jan 20

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Really!? You dive right in downtown Marietta, OK? Is there even such a thing as downtown there? Or is this some secret entry point that eventually leads to underground tunnels similar to those Frank was digging in Paris, TX? :D

Just givin' ya a little grief 'cause I can, Alan...and cause I know you can take a little ribbing! Thanks for the opportunity! :wink:

BTW, I think I'm in either way. It is not looking good for the Clipper trip this weekend. The big babies won't go out in 6' seas. :lotsalove:

If i can scrape up cash to rent or find someone who will let me borrow some more neoprene ill go. The 3 mil full and 3 mil shorty i have no aint going to cut it even with my hood and gloves. I prob wont know until sat.

k-valve,
mapquest.com has a lat./long. function
MapQuest: Maps, Addresses, Business Directory & Satellite Photos

Key in these coords: Lat 34 1' 38" Long -97 2' 56"
or alternatively
Lat 34.02722 Long -97.04888

Coming up 35 exit at marietta at highway 32 going east. You will tee into highway 77 for a short way going south, then back east on 32. Head east out of Marietta 2.07 miles to highway 77s. Turn North. You will come to a stop sign. Turn east again. You will cross over the spillway. There is a sign that says something like impassable in high water. Keep going until you see the sign for Marietta landing on your left. After you turn into marietta landing, there are a couple of dirt roads on your left that go past some of the camp sites. Take the one closest to the lake and go back west until you pretty much can't go any more. That's where we'll be. Look for Dragon Lair II, believe me, you'll know what that is when you see it.

Sweet! Old school and techie directions! I'm sure to find the place one way or another!! Thanks, gentlemen!!!

BTW what do you wet divers wear in this temp? I wore what I described above in valhalla (55*) and was ok. After 20-30 min I got chilly but not to bad.

If i can scrape up cash to rent or find someone who will let me borrow some more neoprene ill go. The 3 mil full and 3 mil shorty i have no aint going to cut it even with my hood and gloves. I prob wont know until sat.

What size are you? I have an XXL Henderson Gold Core 7mm you can use...gloves too...and a XXL Henderson Gold Core hooded vest. I don't mind bringing it if they cancel the TX Clipper trip.

I appreciate the offer but im only 5 10 180 so a medium or large is more my size. My 3mil is a gold core and i love it, great suite! I just wish I could find more used suites in my size - cant quite justify the money for a new 7mil yet - other gear I need first!

You and I are the same size. I have a 5/4 x-cell I can bring. Be sure to bring your hood.

REMIND ME OR I MAY FORGET. Let me know Saturday.

Don't know if I am makin' or not. I would like to. It is always a lot of fun! Right now, I have an activity date with a cute girl -- so that takes priority.

I think you have your priorities messed up. Hanging out with a bunch of guys (and a great gal) diving, eating, and having a good time. Or hanging out with a girl. :mooner:

Bring her, we could always use shore support.....:eyebrow:

TwoBit

I went and picked up one of those Mr. Heaters like powers the Dragon Lair 2 only it's the smaller sized one. It should come in handy to warm up the Gypsy Girl on a cold night. I may camp out in the old RV on Saturday night. Sunday is still on to dive.

I have a Mr. 'Heater' also but don't have a permit to carry it in Oklahoma....that should come as a natural birth rite to all us Okie's!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom