Murray Jan 20

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

k-valve, We're going to be there at 9:30 on Sunday Morning. 1st dive will probably be around 10:30. We'll have lunch, chat a bit, then go for dive number 2 if we aren't too cold at that point, then pack it up and head out by probably 3 or 4. It will be a fun day rain or shine.

We'll be at Marietta Landing, I'm not good at directions so can't tell you how to get there.:D Just look for the big flag pole with the dive flag, and a Welsh flag. Also look for the big white pop-up. We'll be in there!

Timeliner was talking about making it a weekend, so he may be up there on Saturday.

Rhonda
Sounds like a blast! I might try to make it on Sunday even if the TX Clipper trip is a gol

OK, so I'm slowly zeroing in on Marietta Landing. It seems that it's somewhere in the SSE corner of the lake. How would you recommend finding it if I were to come up Interstate 35 thru/past Marietta, OK?

Coming up 35 exit at marietta at highway 32 going east. You will tee into highway 77 for a short way going south, then back east on 32. Head east out of Marietta 2.07 miles to highway 77s. Turn North. You will come to a stop sign. Turn east again. You will cross over the spillway. There is a sign that says something like impassable in high water. Keep going until you see the sign for Marietta landing on your left. After you turn into marietta landing, there are a couple of dirt roads on your left that go past some of the camp sites. Take the one closest to the lake and go back west until you pretty much can't go any more. That's where we'll be. Look for Dragon Lair II, believe me, you'll know what that is when you see it.

Can't wait to meet up with all you guys again!

k-valve,
mapquest.com has a lat./long. function
MapQuest: Maps, Addresses, Business Directory & Satellite Photos

Key in these coords: Lat 34 1' 38" Long -97 2' 56"
or alternatively
Lat 34.02722 Long -97.04888

These coordinates will get you to our exact dive entry point at Marietta Landing (at least accurate to within about 50 ft or so). Look around for the vehicles / people.

About 50% of the people choose to drive through downtown Marietta. That is hwy 32 East. Hwy 77S North. Total distance is about 7 miles or so from downtown Marietta.

The other 50% people choose to continue north on I-35 to exit #24. Follow hwy 77S around the lake to get to the same point.

Hope this helps.
JR

richerso are you going up Sunday to Murray? I am not able to tell at this point for sure if I can go yet.

**Who is actually planning on diving on Sunday?

I think we have myself, John, Tom Viles, Rhonda, K-valve, and Frank.

Richerso, you comin?

I think we have myself, John, Tom Viles, Rhonda, K-valve, and Frank.

Richerso, you comin?

Add me to the list as I have gotten the 'go'. :wink:

Kory I will bring you the HP st130 so you can give it a try.

Don't know if I am makin' or not. I would like to. It is always a lot of fun! Right now, I have an activity date with a cute girl -- so that takes priority.

Back
Top Bottom