Most romantic thing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My guy has stuck by me for 4 years while I've developed my business. Four years of struggle - never said a negative word or suggested I give up - even when I was down to my last $11.

That's more of turn-on than anything anyone's ever given me before.

With my potential SO Xiaoyan coming out to dive Catalina in December, I'd better re-read this entire thread and learn a few new tricks!

Dr. Bill

rricks90254:
Fast forward 6 months - It's now Jan 2004 - we've been diving in Hawaii and So Cal and are feeling much better about our diving. We plan a trip to Cozumel and I start making the phone calls, remember I had a plan. On our 4th dive in Cozumel the DM has everyone circle up on the bottom in a sandy area and does a quick safety check. When he get's to me I moptioned for my GF to come closer and reach into my BC. I've stashed an old clam shell with a HUGE CZ in it and a note that says 'Will You Marry Me'. IN smaller letters it says 'If yes turn card over'. ON the back is the message 'The Real Ring is on the boat'. This is the only time I have ever come back to the boat with more air than her. Best of all it's all on video and we played it at the wedding reception in Hawaii and then went to Fiji for the honeymoon.

That is the most romantic and very unique marriage proposal I've ever heard.

drbill:
With my potential SO Xiaoyan coming out to dive Catalina in December, I'd better re-read this entire thread and learn a few new tricks!

Dr. Bill

Maybe you should give rricks90254 a call. He seems to be on the right track.

Hope things work out well for you and Xiaoyan in December.

Mel

suthnbelle:
Maybe you should give rricks90254 a call. He seems to be on the right track.

Hope things work out well for you and Xiaoyan in December.

Mel

Dr. Bill,
Feel free to give me a call I've got lots of ideas you can use and call your own. BUt then you're in Catalina which should work out pretty good too. We are just around the corner in Hermosa Beach. Wife and I would love to come over and dive Catalina with you Xiaoyan. I'm willing to bet my wife would not only love the dive but also enjoy talking with Xiaoyan. She's half Japanese (Her mom is from Japan) and enjoys hering about it from people who live there.

Suthnbelle,
Thanks for the vote of confidence on the proposal. I just fell back on my southern upbringing (born and raised in TX) and always put the love of my life on a pedestal. works out pretty good.

Randy (that's the first R in rricks)

Hey Randy... may just take you up on that. Xiaoyan will be here roughly Dec 21 to Jan 4.

Dr. B.

drbill:
Hey Randy... may just take you up on that. Xiaoyan will be here roughly Dec 21 to Jan 4.

Dr. B.

Definately take her to Yamashiro's for cocktails and/or dinner. The view of the city is stunning.

Let us know we'll meet you at the ferry.

RR

CanadianDiverGirl:
Let me double up his steel HP100's!

Now THAT'S romantic!!! Bless his heart!

Back
Top Bottom