Most romantic thing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love being romantic. Its such a good feeling and powerful at that. Candlelight, roses at no special times, foot massages, head rubs, date nights.....

But, I think the most romantic times is when a surprise trip is sprung the day before you go, your significant other has taken care of everything. The kids, the dogs, the house the schedule...everything. The grandparents show up unannounced (supposedly), and to top it off, its a diving trip to an all-inclusive in the jungle. Man.....I'm feeling romantic.

Romance? Don't think I've ever had anything romantic...ever.

Damn.

Keep em coming though. Nice to see someone gets the romantic stuff.

Nauticalbutnice :fruit:

NauticalbutNice:
Romance? Don't think I've ever had anything romantic...ever.

Damn.

Keep em coming though. Nice to see someone gets the romantic stuff.

Nauticalbutnice :fruit:

For a peachy lady

Romance? It's such a subjective term ...

When I was married, I woke her up every morning with a cup of tea in hand.

When I proposed, I offered her a single rose ... and replaced it with a rose every week for the 10 years we were married.

I thought I was being romantic ... she didn't.

There was once a man who found a lamp as he was walking down the beach. As he was scrubbing it clean, a mist came from the lamp and took the form of a powerful genie.

"I've been entrapped in that lamp for a thousand years. In gratitude, I will grant you one wish."

The man thought for a while, then he pulled out a map of the world. He pointed at a spot on the map and said ... "Well, I know I could wish for money, power, or fame. But I'd like to do something for mankind. I wish for peace in the Middle East."

The genie looked at the man sadly and said "Those people have been at war with each other for millenia. Their cultures are so ingrained in hatred and mistrust that peace is impossible, it would destroy who they are. I'm sorry, but you must wish for something else."

The man thought for a while longer and said, "Well, if I can't do something nice for mankind, at least I can do something nice for men. I'd like to understand women. I want to know what makes them laugh, what makes them cry. I want to know how they think, how they feel."

The genie replied ... "Let me see that map again".

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

When I met my partner, Katie, she didn’t dive and we lived 800 miles apart.
She learnt to dive so she could enjoy my passion with me.
I quit my job, left my friends behind, left behind all the great Technical Diving and moved to where she was living so we could start a life together.

About 6-7 months after she learnt to dive, Katie absolutely loved diving so I arranged a diving holiday at the Poor Knights Islands (Up north where I used to live) for us both.

Where we live and dive is cold for most of the year, the water is cold, the current is wicked, the wind is excessive and we dive off little six pack boats or the rocky shore.

We had three fantastic days of diving in warm, clear, blue oceanic water… the days were beautiful and warm with lots of sun…the boats were big enough to stretch out and have a little nap in the afternoon sun between dives… the aquatic life was far more varied with great plunging walls from 100 metres above the surface to 60 metres below the surface…

After the third day we went for a stroll and scramble around the rocky shores of Tutukaka… The sun was setting casting a brilliant orange glow across the horizon… reflecting off the mirror clam waters of the bay…

I asked her how much she loved me… She loved me as much as the brilliant sunset… 30 metres of clear blue water… and the warm evening sun on her face..

She asked me how much I loved her…”I love you so much I want you to be my partner on the journey through life, forever”. “Will you marry me?”

She said yes and cried. I shed a few tears also but pretended not too…

That was nearly a year ago but it seems like yesterday.

We are getting married in 67 days and counting...

drbill:
With my potential SO Xiaoyan coming out to dive Catalina in December, I'd better re-read this entire thread and learn a few new tricks!

Dr. Bill

So how did it go Dr Bill?

Azza - you're a sweetie!!

Back
Top Bottom