Most romantic thing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubaguy62:
I think your avatar is a great representation of the frustration your post implies...

This is an example of the romantic things I do for my wife...
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?threadid=68327&s=

WOW.
It's never happened yet, but I can't think of anything more romantic than a man being willing to shout from the rooftops that he loves me.

There was the one time, though, when on a first date I excused myself to go to the little girls' room...when I returned, there was a goofy little flower in a glass of ice water waiting for me. The guy had asked the waiter to go find a flower somewhere- I think he plucked it from the landscaping at the restaurant next door. Very nice.
He didn't dive, though (and had no desire to), so I had to break it off.

Sigh... called Xiaoyan yesterday to surprise her as I knew she was working at home. We talked for over an hour (good thing my rate is just 10 cents/min to Japan).

Even hard for me to believe that this "cold" (I do dive wet), objective scientist even has a romantic side. Blush!

Dr. Bill

drbill:
Sigh... called Xiaoyan yesterday to surprise her as I knew she was working at home. We talked for over an hour (good thing my rate is just 10 cents/min to Japan).

Even hard for me to believe that this "cold" (I do dive wet), objective scientist even has a romantic side. Blush!

Dr. Bill

Dr. Bill,

I used a prepaid calling card to call Japan for about 4-5 cents per minutes with no connection fees. These kind of cards are sold in many Asian convenient stores, Asian book stores etc. Many of these stores have per minutes intl rates posted on the windows. Good luck.

This is a great thread and it is interesting to see the very diffferent things people consider romantic. Since we have 3 college age kids there are no cars, cruises or exotic dive vacations in my wife and I's lives right now. I do not think she is lying but best I can tell the fact that all household chores are split very evenly, I cook Friday through Sunday, and I always make sure there is at least two nites worth of leftovers after Sunday nite seems to do it for her. Well, that and the head scratches and foot rubs.It helps she really likes good food and I cook WAY better than her. Thats OK cause she does most things way better than me.We have been together over 25 years and at least in our relationship it is the little daily things we do for each other that are most important.Because of travel and the general insanity of getting our son prepared to spend two years in a foreign country with very little contact with us we both actually forgot about our 22nd wedding anniversary. I was very glad it was me who remembered! My hobby right now is collecting Indian artifacts. This involves going out in the very warm woods of Florida; battling very large and hungry mosquitos, spiders and various other scary insects and digging very large holes in the ground with a 99.9% male and somewhat crusty group of guys.The most romantic thing my wife does is after getting up on Saturday morning at 4 AM to run 8 to 10 miles she shows up at the dig site and helps me poke a hole in the ground. Not only is she there, but every guy in the club really likes her to be there. Which says a lot for her.There just isn't anything in the world like a sweaty,muddy insect bit woman who gets along real well with her hubbies buddies to make a mans heart go pitty pat.

Every year since I've been married, we have chosen at least one week a year to go to some place together. Places like Bonaire, Grand Cayman, Turks and Caicos, Paris France, Krugar Park-South Africa, hiking in Zion nat'l park, staying on the north rim of the Grand Canyon, Hurgada Egypt, Cairns Australia, Mackinaw Island Mich., the Florida Keys, sking at Jackson Hole Wy. and Aspen, and Alta. Next year I'm taking her to Papau New Guinea ;>)

Dive Safe,
Caymaniac
Dive

cancun mark:
Dude, you need to check this out! :wink:
OH GOSH!
I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.
So I did both at the same time.
That was me married.
So funny it hurt.
May still be me.

Tom

Teddyc911:
Romance exists when you let it. Most people are so uptight and cynical that they can't let their imagination flow. They expect it to just appear and let someone else do the work creating the romantic situation. You have to create your own romance. It's like an island, if you don't bring it here, you won't find it here!

If a woman wants her man to be romantic, you have to tell him. Tell him what is romantic to you. Then you have to do something romantic for him, something he would like, not just you. He may be uncomfortable at first, but he'll get the hang of it. This is not to say all men need to be prompted, some are naturally romantic just as some women haven't a clue either.

All relationships take work, but romance will never be dead. Unless we let it.
In the beginning of a relationship it may be enough to let romance happen, as a relationship matures, I think it is only prudent to plan for it.
As with most things that we do successfully, we have to plan and map out our intentions and actions. I do not think that planning makes what we do less romantic, quite the contrary in fact.
When we plan romantic things we are making the statement to ourselves and our SO's that we wish to ensure that our love never dies. It is not enough to never intend it to die, many's the love that's lost though unintended, we must intend to keep it alive. For busy people, that often means marking the calendar.
Hide the calendar!

Tom

Even though I'm a bloke and this forum is for Women's issues I thought I'd make a contribution. For me, my (former) fiancée purchased a pocket pc on my behalf and filled it with little love messages. I suppose on my behalf, purchasing flowers for her for no apparent reason and on the night where I popped the question, getting down on bended knee. Not much but it's a start.

icyman:
The first thing I did was when she got into law school and was extremely tired after school. I had cooked her dinner...I had this dinner waiting for her to come home and I had prepped the house as well. I put candles all over the house with notes coming from the garage into the house to LEAD the way. It took her to the tub, which I had ran a hot bubble bath for her with candles all around the bathtub. Inside the bathroom I had the scented candles and a glass of Champaign waiting. After I heard her hit the tub, I told her to relax and I would bring her dinner. I served her dinner in the tub and made sure she had plenty of Champaign.... took several bags of heresy kisses and took the little labels out that says kisses and put them in a box, then wrapped it. I put a card inside which said she could trade those kisses in for as many as she wanted whenever she wanted. And that all my kisses are hers and only her for my lifetime.

That’s two of my favorites! :wink:

Why is it when we (generalizing women) see what we don't have, we long for it? Icyman, she is a lucky woman.

But don't get me wrong. I have the best in the world. Someone mentioned that the little things are what make the difference. For me, that is what counts in the long run (although wanting what I don't have, I pray for the romantic, candle lit night)...

Brian is my partner in every aspect of this relationship. He alternates nights with me with our 9 month old daughter...one night I bath Haley & put her to bed & the rest of the night he is in charge of all the middle of the night wakings, feedings, etc. and vice versa the next night. He gets everything ready for Haley to take to the sitter the mornings he doesn't have to leave before 7 a.m. He cooks, cleans when I cook, massages my neck when I have headaches and many many other things in the house.

As a dive buddy, he takes care of everything. Not that I need it, but recently on a Blackbeard's cruise, just about every dive, I would go to my equipment to get it ready for the next dive only to find out it had already been done. I would go to set up my equipment about an hour before our night dive only to find all of my dive lights, mask, & other equipment was already set up and ready to go.

But to me, the most romantic thing he is to me is my best friend. I can tell him anything no matter how bad and we can discuss it. He is my sounding board and he is the best father (and lover..hmmm) I have ever known.

While there is a part of me that longs for the "romantic" things, I thank God everyday for the man that I do have because I have the best partner in life that anyone can dream of. Of course, the ideal would be if Brian (even if it is once a year) does the things that Icyman does....we can always wish for things, right? But I will always give kudos where they are due...

I have my best friend, lover and incredible father in my life...now all I need is money :wink: LOL

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom