Most romantic thing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba_chick55:
Sorry, I'm really bored so I decided to start a thread.

What is the most romantic thing ever done for you ladies?

My wonderful hubby did this a few years ago. We were planning a night at the opera. He, without me knowing it, hired a limo and took me to a totally romantic Italian restaraunt before the opera (La Boheme). When the driver showed up at the door, I was so surprised. Flowers, champagne and the red carpet, what a guy!

Just thought of one....

He set up a "Music Locker" with a bunch of romantic songs, and songs that he said made him think of me. He e-mailed the link, and said go here, the password is just4us

WOW! It was SO cool!

I lived in Finland for a year and my boyfriend did two really romantic things while I was there. For Christmas, when I was home briefly, he bought me a hot water bottle to sleep with, so I could imagine he was there to keep me warm in the cold Finnish Winter and he sent two dozen roses to my doorstep on Valentine's Day from Seattle. It was very sweet.

Romance exists when you let it. Most people are so uptight and cynical that they can't let their imagination flow. They expect it to just appear and let someone else do the work creating the romantic situation. You have to create your own romance. It's like an island, if you don't bring it here, you won't find it here!

If a woman wants her man to be romantic, you have to tell him. Tell him what is romantic to you. Then you have to do something romantic for him, something he would like, not just you. He may be uncomfortable at first, but he'll get the hang of it. This is not to say all men need to be prompted, some are naturally romantic just as some women haven't a clue either.

All relationships take work, but romance will never be dead. Unless we let it.

Romance exists when you let it. Most people are so uptight and cynical that they can't let their imagination flow. They expect it to just appear and let someone else do the work creating the romantic situation. You have to create your own romance. It's like an island, if you don't bring it here, you won't find it here!

If a woman wants her man to be romantic, you have to tell him. Tell him what is romantic to you. Then you have to do something romantic for him, something he would like, not just you. He may be uncomfortable at first, but he'll get the hang of it. This is not to say all men need to be prompted, some are naturally romantic just as some women haven't a clue either.

Take this from a woman married almost 17 years.

All relationships take work, but romance will never be dead. Unless we let it.

scuba_chick55:
Sorry, I'm really bored so I decided to start a thread.

What is the most romantic thing ever done for you ladies?

Long story but here goes (some may have heard this).
April of 2003 my girlfriend of 2 1/2 years informs me that she wants to get certified. Since I wanted to also learn to dive I agreed quickly. We had been having relationship problems but were working thru them so as soon as we signed up I began thinking that with the way she talks about diving I think I have the perfect plan to bring us closer together and cement the relationship.

SO off we go to OW classes and lo and behold I suck at diving - hyperventilate in the pool, suck at mask removal and replacement. You name it I just suck. We even cancelled our first OW dives as I wanted more pool time. The next week we're back in the pool and I'm determined to go on the next days dives. We go - she does great - I still suck and only manage to complete one dive.

No problem I'm going to do this (remember I have a plan). The next week we go out to Catalina Island. She needs one dive to finish her cert, I need 3. Suddenly it all comes together. Bouyancy ok, weighting good, breathing slower and I get my 3 dives in and now we are both certified.

Fast forward 6 months - It's now Jan 2004 - we've been diving in Hawaii and So Cal and are feeling much better about our diving. We plan a trip to Cozumel and I start making the phone calls, remember I had a plan. On our 4th dive in Cozumel the DM has everyone circle up on the bottom in a sandy area and does a quick safety check. When he get's to me I moptioned for my GF to come closer and reach into my BC. I've stashed an old clam shell with a HUGE CZ in it and a note that says 'Will You Marry Me'. IN smaller letters it says 'If yes turn card over'. ON the back is the message 'The Real Ring is on the boat'. This is the only time I have ever come back to the boat with more air than her. Best of all it's all on video and we played it at the wedding reception in Hawaii and then went to Fiji for the honeymoon.

We now have almost 40 dives and we keep looking for the next spot. I think it will be Roatan in Dec or Jan.

I've never been happier and I'm so lucky that my best friend is also my wife and my dive buddy.

rricks90254:
Long story but here goes (some may have heard this).
April of 2003 my girlfriend of 2 1/2 years informs me that she wants to get certified. Since I wanted to also learn to dive I agreed quickly. We had been having relationship problems but were working thru them so as soon as we signed up I began thinking that with the way she talks about diving I think I have the perfect plan to bring us closer together and cement the relationship.

SO off we go to OW classes and lo and behold I suck at diving - hyperventilate in the pool, suck at mask removal and replacement. You name it I just suck. We even cancelled our first OW dives as I wanted more pool time. The next week we're back in the pool and I'm determined to go on the next days dives. We go - she does great - I still suck and only manage to complete one dive.

No problem I'm going to do this (remember I have a plan). The next week we go out to Catalina Island. She needs one dive to finish her cert, I need 3. Suddenly it all comes together. Bouyancy ok, weighting good, breathing slower and I get my 3 dives in and now we are both certified.

Fast forward 6 months - It's now Jan 2004 - we've been diving in Hawaii and So Cal and are feeling much better about our diving. We plan a trip to Cozumel and I start making the phone calls, remember I had a plan. On our 4th dive in Cozumel the DM has everyone circle up on the bottom in a sandy area and does a quick safety check. When he get's to me I moptioned for my GF to come closer and reach into my BC. I've stashed an old clam shell with a HUGE CZ in it and a note that says 'Will You Marry Me'. IN smaller letters it says 'If yes turn card over'. ON the back is the message 'The Real Ring is on the boat'. This is the only time I have ever come back to the boat with more air than her. Best of all it's all on video and we played it at the wedding reception in Hawaii and then went to Fiji for the honeymoon.

We now have almost 40 dives and we keep looking for the next spot. I think it will be Roatan in Dec or Jan.

I've never been happier and I'm so lucky that my best friend is also my wife and my dive buddy.

She had better hold on to you very tight,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom