Most romantic thing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SueMermaid:
No! Are you really gonna do that? That IS romantic! :)

Of course, we expect to hear allll about it.

YESSS!!! You must tell! :07:

I want to know where to get one of these Oh so romantic guys!!!

My soon to be ex's idea of romance was "honey I got you a digital camera". I got to use it ONE time. HE has it now. I am hard pressed to think of romantic things he'd do. Let's see, on Mother's day he would pull up to Big Lots (with me in the car), and come out with a card and a diet coke.(lots of thought and planning)

I once booked a cruise, didn't tell him. Had a friend ask him to pick his sister up at the airport, even got him new prescription sunglasses (I was an optician and had all the measurments). He opened my credit card bill 2 days before we were supposed to go and snottily said "So , you're going on a cruise". Ruined the surprise.

I guess I am unlucky in romance.

Wow, after reading today's posts on this thread, I have to ask myself if I was throwing in the towel too soon when I declared that AMC movies are just for dreams. Good for you, girls! I am glad that you have found your Cary Grant. Now, I am going to go imagine mine with the help of a bubble bath and a Bacardi and Coke...

baitedstorm:
does romance still exsist?

I had lost all faith in males until I found a man who has completly swept me off my feet! While I was down in Ft Lauderdale going through my Advanced Open Water and MSD classes he had flowers sent to my room. Now that I am back he cooks dinner all the time and has to be the most thoughtful man I have ever met!

kristi hager:
I want to know where to get one of these Oh so romantic guys!!! I guess I am unlucky in romance.

To the ladies that find themselves unlucky in romance, I think you owe it to yourselves to go out and pamper yourself.

Then send him the bill! :wink: (lol) It may not be romantic but it is fullfiling :eyebrow:

This week she heads to Guam and Yap to dive, and I head to the Florida Keys to do likewise (assuming Ivan cooperates). We couldn't dive together due to poorly meshed schedules. But I'm planning to fly to Tokyo to spend a week or two with her... now, I ask you ladies, isn't that romantic? We've never met in person but have been communicating for a year by e-mail.

Doc

Sorry for jumping straight into this thread.

For my girlfriend's birthday (her 28:th) this year I booked a one weeks surprise diving trip to the Deep South of the Red Sea.

I'd checked with her boss and everything.

On Sunday we celebrated her birthday, and she was pretty upset that all she was getting from me was an envelope. She was quite certain it would be some kind of "dinner with me at some restaurant"-card. On several occasions she asked me if that envelope was all she was getting.

When she opened the envelope she was pleasantly surprised. After the party we went home and packed, as the flight left the next morning.

My problem now is what to buy her next birthday... :/

drbill.... that is so awesome, and very romantic! Good luck!

A year ago, I was about to go on a dive vacation, when yet again, I messed up my knee, and had to cancel it. They guy that I was fating at the time knew how dissappointed I was, and he showed up at my door with every movie that had SCUBA in it, brought me flowers, my favorite foods, and cooked and pampered me for literally two days.

Ir sounds kind of boring, but at the time (not being able to move much at all) it was everything that I had ever dreamed of.

Kayla

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom