Morrison Springs Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dlwalke

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm heading down to the Gulf Coast, from Atlanta, for summer vacation. I will start with a couple days of diving. Haven't been diving since last season, so tried this weekend to visit a quarry I've been to a couple of times, but apparently they are closed. I just want to check out my instruments and trim and so on and was wondering if Morrison Springs enforces a buddy policy. I will not have a buddy but just want to spend about 10-20 min and burn less than a couple hundred pounds during a brief pit stop on my way to St. Andrews/Destin etc. So anyway, would I have any problems with the mngt if I wanted to do a solo entry?

Thanks

No problem with solo there. River is high, right now, and until you get to the cavern or cave it is probably blown out.

It was clear Tuesday afternoon!

Here is the gauge for Choctawhatchee River at Caryville . See below image.

the below image should reload with "most recent info" as I linked it directly off their website.

but right now at 10:38pm on 7/9/09, it's reading 10.78 feet. I'm betting that the river had turned the basin fairly muddy at 10+ feet.

From what Bugman has told me, you really want it at about 6' or less (using the foot gauge on the left side of the chart) for best conditions but it varies on different things. (although I've dove it at 7ft with decent results, but not guarentee'd. I've not dove the site as near as much as him and others, so I'd yield to their advice).

the "dotted" line to the right of the 'current time' are predictions and could change any time due to more rain, etc.

You can go directly to this site that has this chart at Advanced Hydrologic Prediction Service: Tallahassee: Choctawhatchee River at Caryville

carf1_hg.png

No management at Morrisons that I have seen. I would think at 10+ ft it would be tannic at best. However Vortex is right up the road from Morrisons.

Back
Top Bottom