Morrison Springs is Dead

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lol, my my favorite line of the day...."after they finish making this turd.."

I hope its far from feces, but we can only hope for the best. Anyone up for doing some recon once the water clears up? I am thinking about swimming from the boat ramp UPstream, never tried it. (never had to)

lol, my my favorite line of the day...."after they finish making this turd.."

I hope its far from feces, but we can only hope for the best. Anyone up for doing some recon once the water clears up. I am thinking about swimming from the boat ramp downstream, never tried it. (never had to)

Downstream? All you'll find is more tree limbs, lots of beer cans, and a bass here and there. :shakehead:

The spring run holds more wildlife than the basin does... I've seen 30lb striped bass schooling, gar, softshell turtles, grass carp, dogfish, ect.

A misty morning:

m1-2.jpg

m2-1.jpg

m4.jpg

m3.jpg

probably to hold it down it will float away when the water rises they didn't think about this when they engineered the boardwalk.
27.0 WATER WILL STAND ABOUT NINE FEET DEEP THROUGH MOST OF CARYVILLE. MOST OF WESTVILLE WILL BE FLOODED. NUMEROUS EVACUATIONS WILL BE REQUIRED.
22.0 HIGHWAY 90 NEAR THE BRIDGE WILL BE UNDER WATER.
21.5 WATER WILL COVER PORTIONS OF THE L AND N RAILROAD.
16.0 HIGHWAY 279 SOUTH OF CARYVILLE WILL BE CUT OFF. SEVERAL FISH CAMPS...RESIDENTIAL AREAS AND ADDITIONAL RURAL ROADS IN THE AREA WILL BE FLOODED.
12.0 EXTENSIVE LOWLAND FLOODING WILL OCCUR.
11.0 RANCHERS SHOULD MOVE LIVESTOCK TO HIGHER GROUND BEFORE THEY ARE CUT OFF.
9.0 WATER WILL BEGIN TO OVERFLOW THE BANKS IN THE VICINITY OF THE GAGE.
courtesy of Advanced Hydrologic Prediction Service: Tallahassee: Choctawhatchee River at Caryville

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom