Morrison Springs Friday 9/15/06 07:00

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaYoda:
I'll probably go in the top part of the side cavern at most - this will be GLENFWB's first dives post certification. I might entice him down the funnel if his rental gear gets dialed in good enough, I wouldn't push the lower cavern for a while. This could be your kind of diving, no blue hole of death :D.

D'Oh!! I didn't even think about that :) Figures, the day my schedule meets up with a weekday dive at Morrison, the 'batcave' is gonna be unoccupied. Vortoberfest is coming up quickly, atleast!

kchFLA:
Too far for you to join them tomorrow. Sorry for the smart :mooner: comment.:D

Approximately 360 miles, give or take your starting position. It's in the Panhandle along the Walton County / Holmes County line south of I-10.

Thanks a lot ! :wink: :14: :light: <--- i like that one. Wow, that's way up there. I couldnt figure out why a guy from alabama wanted to come! Classes for me tomorrow, but then again im going to key largo saturday..so hah!

I'm barely in Alabama, and Morrison is barely in FL - its really not so much of a stretch if it weren't for my work schedule.

SeaYoda:
I'll probably go in the top part of the side cavern at most - this will be GLENFWB's first dives post certification. I might entice him down the funnel if his rental gear gets dialed in good enough, I wouldn't push the lower cavern for a while. This could be your kind of diving, no blue hole of death :D.

Nevermind I have permission from Workaholic to take his truck and he has a ride to work so I will be joining you gents bright and early, very likely in my drysuit (it is September after all). I'd be interested in going down the run if the water level is back up but if you all wanna do the cavern as usual I will just sit on the log and feed cheese to the fish. Or snorkel.

SuPrBuGmAn:
D'Oh!! I didn't even think about that :) Figures, the day my schedule meets up with a weekday dive at Morrison, the 'batcave' is gonna be unoccupied. Vortoberfest is coming up quickly, atleast!

If we can get Nate there, maybe it's time for a growth lesson :D.
O-O-Oh Nate, ........

If MDB dives on the first dive, you and I could duck into the cavern while she and GFWB wait in the basin. GFWB could be dialing in his gear in the basin until we rejoin them, shouldn't be too long on thirds. We could then head down the run together. Plans will depend on how GFWB feels in the water with the rental gear.

SeaYoda:
If we can get Nate there, maybe it's time for a growth lesson :D.
O-O-Oh Nate, ........

If MDB dives on the first dive, you and I could duck into the cavern while she and GFWB wait in the basin. GFWB could be dialing in his gear in the basin until we rejoin them, shouldn't be too long on thirds. We could then head down the run together. Plans will depend on how GFWB feels in the water with the rental gear.

I really appreciate all you guys helping out. If I have trouble with the rental gear I will get out of the way and snorkle around for a while...no way I will mess up the trip for y'all. Hopefully I can get it all dialed in quickly. Just packed everything in the truck so I am ready to go.

GLENFWB:
I really appreciate all you guys helping out. If I have trouble with the rental gear I will get out of the way and snorkle around for a while...no way I will mess up the trip for y'all. Hopefully I can get it all dialed in quickly. Just packed everything in the truck so I am ready to go.
No problem - SBM is just a Batcaveaholic :D.

New diver takes precedence on this dive - I have seen the cavern and will again. People were willing to dive with me when I was new so now it's time for me to return the favor again. You won't be in the way and if you don't dive you won't learn. You'll be like one of the gang in no time and then it will be your turn to take time out for the next person. If we all take turns, the group will be big enough to go in the cavern and dive with the newbies :thumb:.

Yeah, its no problem, I've dove Morrison numerous times. I do love the cavern, but it'll be there next time and I'll appreciate it that much more. If there isn't an extra diver to go in, I'll stick to the basin and run - lots and lots to see!

Hi, my panhandle misfit buddies!

Is there any diving going on Sat. 9/16, Sunday 9/17 or early on Monday? I will be in Destin and at our condo by about 430 pm tommorrow. Hubby is coming with me, so we are going to do some of the beach bum, hanging out stuff.

He doesn't scuba, and he is not a golfer, but likes the woods and trails type of thing. Any good places we could visit??

Is there any special events or things going on this weekend around the area?

Well, I am sure we will find things to do. There is always shopping!

Hope to see you all soon!

Cindy

Cindy - travel to Marianna? Florida Caverns State Park has some fun trails :D Travel further out? Toreya(sp?) has some nice long trails with views over the river.

Looks like I'll be diving local to Gulf Shores/Orange Beach this weekend.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom