Need Dive Buddy Feb. 15 in Key Largo area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sibermike7

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Greetings One and All
I am traveling on business to Florida in Feb.
I have 1 (maybe 2) day(s) to dive. Thursday, Feb. 15 for sure, maybe 16 too.
I would like to connect with a dive buddy. Anybody.
I am open to suggestions. I have dived the area before (Spiegel, Duane, Thunderbolt, etc.) so there is no "MUST SEE" on this trip.
I am a dive guide in Estonia, so I am used to diving with different folks.
I just want to dive! Reefs, drift (Yeah, I'm lazy!) wrecks. Don't care.

Where in Florida are you staying?

Homestead

Listen folks, don't everybody try to push to the front!
The sheer volume of responses to this thread is practically overwhelming!
:)

I just need ONE!
Anyone????

That's too far south for me, I'm 3 hours north of Key Largo. I actually went a couple of weeks ago with my cousin, and TBH, I wasn't impressed with the diving. You might have more luck if you said you were going to Pompano, Boynton, Miami, or as far north as West Palm Beach.

The other problem is conditions are so hit and miss this time of the year. The best laid out plans are ruined by 6ft seas. We literally have to watch the seas forecast to find windows of opportunity to get out. If you were here in the summer, it's the complete opposite problem (or lack thereof).

That's too far south for me, I'm 3 hours north of Key Largo. I actually went a couple of weeks ago with my cousin, and TBH, I wasn't impressed with the diving. You might have more luck if you said you were going to Pompano, Boynton, Miami, or as far north as West Palm Beach.

The other problem is conditions are so hit and miss this time of the year. The best laid out plans are ruined by 6ft seas. We literally have to watch the seas forecast to find windows of opportunity to get out. If you were here in the summer, it's the complete opposite problem (or lack thereof).
I agree with the conditions assessment! I love Boynton Beach. One of my favorite spots. However, I'm on a business trip so time is limited and location is pre-determined by work. :confused:

Is there a better thread to look for a dive buddy for Key Largo??

Hi there, you can try the various Facebook groups and you can also try www.divebuddy.com or the Diving Buddy App. Good luck to ya, hope this helps you out.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom