Morrison Spring on 2-26/27-05?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Corigan:
10-20' sounds great to me. It will be a treat to meet Tom and Rick. Going to be diving all over vortex Sat. Afternoon/Evening.

Matt

Thats what I'm saying :D I've been in the water when it was complete murk, 20' will be welcomed. It'll be great meeting you again... and this time actually being able to dive :)

Corigan,
Are you staying at Vortex on Friday night so you can be at Morrison with us at 8 on Saturday?

SeaYoda:
Corigan,
Are you staying at Vortex on Friday night so you can be at Morrison with us at 8 on Saturday?

That is correct. My Buddy that just got certified last weekend (kylepreid here on scubaboard), my non-diving GF (Fran), and myself are heading down Friday night. We are going to be rolling in late to Vortex (around midnight), but will be up and at Morrison at 8 o'clock sharp. I have already contacted Vortex and they told me to just roll in and pick any site that is open. Then to come by and pay in the morning. So we are camping out at Vortex both Friday and Saturday night. Going to dive Morrison on Sat. morning, then do some diving at Vortex Sat. afternoon. Also going to do a night dive as long as permission is granted from Vortex (Don't forsee a problem). I believe we are going to have a grill-out on Sat. night and consume some adult beverages if anybody is interested. We are also looking to dive Sun. at wherever you all are heading to. I wasn't sure if Morrison was still the plan for both Sat. and Sun. or if there was going to be a different site on Sun.

Looking forward to actually getting to dive with you Mat. Hopefully this time it isn't a sand storm when we show up.. :)

Matt

NOAA adjusted their river levels for this weekend, calling for 9' & 10' for Saturday and Sunday... ugh...

You guys want to just meet at Vortex at 8AM and rent some canoes to check out Cypress?

I probably won't be spending the night with river levels up that much...

If we do Cypress this weekend, we can consider Morrison next weekend if water levels drop enough...

Let me know what you guys think.

How a'boot (as they say in Canada) Wacissa, for a lil change of pace?

If not, I think Vortex it self wouldnt be too bad (Yes I know what I just said) the only reason I say that is that we can get about 3 dives in instead of the 2 a cypress in about the same time.

Id love to try my doubles in fresh water and you dive dive my single rig mat.

I do want to try Wacissa, but I'd rather do it on a weekend that isn't preceeded by a ton of rain - Wacissa is pretty far for me to drive, I'd rather try it on a dryer weekend so that trip isn't spent for diving in a bunch of tannick crap :)

I have no objections to diving Vortex though :) I can't believe YOU'D stoop that low!

I wouldn't mind diving vortex one of the days, but doubt I would want to dive both days. What day are you all planning on diving vortex? I was thinking about heading down and trying to jump on a boat sunday out of PCB if possible. I really don't have a way to transport a canoe, and I'm not going to pay $100 to have vortex do it for me. Right now they are calling for Seas to be 3' inshore and 3-5' offshore on Sunday. That will be the best bet for diving if anybody is going out. Going to call around and see if anybody is planning on running some boats on Sat. or Sun. Just trying to figure out what day you all are going to be messing around at vortex.

Matt

Saturday, regardless of where we dive :)

One canoe is good for 2 or 3 people, depending on who goes, we will probably have enough trucks to bring an ample amount of canoe-age(yeah, I made that up) for everyone. I'll be bringing the Bronco II of Doom, WaterDawg has access to a Frontier pickup, and SeaYoda owns a Jeep Cherokee - all worthy of canoe hauling.

I'm only planning on being there Saturday now that Morrison is pretty much out of the picture. If I dive Vortex, I won't be diving Cypress and vice-versa. Like WaterDawg stated, we can get more dives for our time at Vortex. On the other hand, you don't have to share the spring with other people at Cypress(atleast we haven't yet!).

I'll go with the crowd, I just want to get some camera time :wink:

Sounds Good, I would be up for diving Vortex. I am going to Camp at Vortex Friday night, dive vortex 2-3 tanks on Saturday morning with you all (or dive cypress depending on what the group does). Then I will head out Sat. afternoon and camp at Fred Gannon Rocky Bayou State Park outside of niceville ($12). I just called up Scubatech and they have a boat running on Sunday with a class. They are going to the miss louise for both tanks. I believe I am going to take my buddy on this boat if anybody is interested in also going. He stated there were quite a few spots available. My buddy just got certified last weekend, so a wreck dive in 55-60' of water will be great for his experience level. I also like diving wrecks so it is cool by me as well. He stated that the temp of the water last week was 61 there. Sounds good to me as well. Look forward to diving wherever Sat with you all.. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom