Morrison Spring on 2-26/27-05?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaYoda:
Larry and Tyler may not be at Vortex on Saturday - they may be at the inlet instead. They will be the class that Corigan said was going out Sunday. I told Larry to look out for you Matt.

Cool, Sounds good. I will be the big guy with the tech style rig on. I will be pretty hard to miss on the boat on Sunday. Is Larry and Tyler getting Certified? I don't believe we've met, and not quite sure who they are. :) I hired a DM from scubatech to be a guide for us and to help me look over my buddy. He just got certified last weekend, and this will be his first gulf/ocean dives off a boat in some choppy seas.. :) I also haven't dove the site before, so don't mind getting shown the site. Looking forward to seeing ya'll at vortex, I'll be rolling in there late Friday.

Matt

Corigan:
Cool, Sounds good. I will be the big guy with the tech style rig on. I will be pretty hard to miss on the boat on Sunday. Is Larry and Tyler getting Certified? I don't believe we've met, and not quite sure who they are. :) I hired a DM from scubatech to be a guide for us and to help me look over my buddy. He just got certified last weekend, and this will be his first gulf/ocean dives off a boat in some choppy seas.. :) I also haven't dove the site before, so don't mind getting shown the site. Looking forward to seeing ya'll at vortex, I'll be rolling in there late Friday.

Matt
Larry is a friend who just moved here from Indiana. Tyler is his son. They are taking OW classes this week with ScubaTech.

Who is the DM you got?

SeaYoda:
Who is the DM you got?

No idea.. :) As long as he lets us burn our tanks down, chill out ,and do some lazy diving, I'll have no problems.

Matt

I was just curious, they have some good folks working there.

Yeah, ScubaTech goes out of their way to make sure everyone has a good time.

Darcy and I dove Miss Louis mid-December, there was still tons of silt clogging up the water and we had ~5' of visibility. The Miss Louis is a tugboat, it looks more like a barge now since the superstructure is gone and pieces of it lie on the east side of the hull. In Dec a palm tree managed to get washed up against the boat?!?!

I'm still bringing the Bronco, just incase Cypress is still an option - like I said, as long as I get to use the camera, I'm happy :D

LOL I dunno whats up with NOAAs water level predictions, but it looks like Morrison is possible - yet again. http://www.srh.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/ahps.cgi?tae&carf1 We went from approximately 9' of predicted water down to ~6.5 again... Sheesh!

I'm going to leave early and check it(Morrison) out, then head to Vortex. I'll tell you guys what I see and we can decide from there...

I'm going to bring the tent, just in case :) If we dive Morrison, I'll camp out and do more dives Saturday evening - wherever - and Sunday morning if they are free.

Damn water levels are playing hell with our plans!

Hopefully Morrison's comes into play, that would be cool. I'm just going to go with the flow and dive wherever on Saturday. Morrison would be great though, right now it's showing 6.3'.

Matt

Yeah 6.3' and it really doesn't look to be threatening jumping any higher, it may even lower some by Sunday.

I'm up for whatever, but if I had my way....

I'd dive Morrison Saturday morning(fit two in before I got too hungry :wink: ), eat lunch, dive Vortex during the evening/night(?), eat dinner, camp, wake up and dive Morrison a few more times... then go home and clean up, spend a few hours downloading/uploading pictures, then sleep. Could be one hellova weekend :D

Sounds great, Id love to go to morrisons. Free, cavern, and Ive never been there before!

So as of now its, Mat, Corigan, Seayoda, and myself right? How far away is Vortex from Morrison's (like for air fills or whatever)?

Looking forward to seeing SBM and SY and meting you Corigan.

Looking forward to meeting you/diving with you as well Waterdawg. I am also bringing my newly certified buddy Kyle. Morrisons is around 10 minutes down the road, extremely close.

Matt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom