Morrison Spring on 2-26/27-05?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jviehe:
Im scheduled for adv nitrox this weekend, and to help a friend move, so looks like Im out. The 2nd part of adv nitrox next weekend, so probably not then either. Ill make it one of these days. Keep the pics coming though.

I was looking forward to meeting you. There is always next time. Please report back to us on how your adv nitrox class went.

It appears I am going to be bringing down a friend of mine as my buddy for this weekend. I am going to dive with him, he just got certified last weekend. Looking forward to diving Morrison again. Hopefully it is clear this time, if not it will still be fun.

We're going to be camping out at vortex. My buddy and I were talking about also paying to dive Vortex Sat. if anybody else is interested. I think we might try to get some afternoon dives in depending on what the sched. is on Sat. Also would like to get a night dive in at vortex as well just to get some more BT. We both don't care if it's been churned up by OW students, we are still going to dive it anyways.

Keeping my fingers crossed that morrisons is clear,

Matt

SuPrBuGmAn:
...Course, SeaYoda will come along and school me on photography despite the camera anyway :wink:
The closest thing I get to school is a school of fish :D. I can teach how to get fishbutt shots, incredible backscatter from internal flash, and how to salvage 5 shots from a dive that you take 65. :wink:

I'll be in Talli next weekend for a Soular System show (RIGHT ON!!!), a buddy of mine is the keyboardist. So what happened to the Wacissa river thing? I was going to be so close...

I would love to meet you guys at Morrison Sunday, but I heard them calling for rain this week. I keep picturing in my mind the shot that SeaYoda took of of Matt's silhouette against the tea colored water at Morrison. Fun times.

Nasty pic for sure. Wacissa will be there. Ill try to get directions and pass them on

darcy:
... I keep picturing in my mind the shot that SeaYoda took of of Matt's silhouette against the tea colored water at Morrison. Fun times.
The water was so full of tannins that it made Mikey look like Mat :D. I can tell that's Mikey because he was the only one crazy enough to wear a shorty :11: .

mike_s:
what'd ya get?

Another Olympus 5060 to replace the flooded paperweight 5060 I already have :)

Corigan:
We're going to be camping out at vortex. My buddy and I were talking about also paying to dive Vortex Sat. if anybody else is interested. I think we might try to get some afternoon dives in depending on what the sched. is on Sat. Also would like to get a night dive in at vortex as well just to get some more BT. We both don't care if it's been churned up by OW students, we are still going to dive it anyways.

Keeping my fingers crossed that morrisons is clear,

Matt

NOAAs showing Morrison around 6.5' Saturday, maybe a little lower Sunday. We should have SOME visibility, if their predictions are correct. I'm guessing, hoping like 10-20'.

I don't mind paying to dive at Vortex, but only if I'm not going to be diving Cypress Sunday :) I can't afford $25 at Vortex and then another $25-50 for a canoe to ride to Cypress. I'll be camping at Vortex is I decide to stay the night - which I'm still not sure of...

SeaYoda:
how to salvage 5 shots from a dive that you take 65. :wink:

I'm hoping for 5 pics out of 130 shots :D

darcy:
So what happened to the Wacissa river thing? I was going to be so close...

I still want to do Wacissa, but I'd rather wait until further into the spring when the water sits lower on average. It looks like that will be ~4 hours of driving in the Bronco, so I want to be sure to make it count :D

Morrison looks to be under 6.5' Sunday, should have 10-20' if it was anything like the last time I dove it w/6.5'. You should come out :D

SeaYoda:
The water was so full of tannins that it made Mikey look like Mat :D.

The camera adds 10 pounds and tannick water subtracts 40 :D I need to dive that crap more often!

SuPrBuGmAn:
...I'm hoping for 5 pics out of 130 shots :D ...

I had to work my way up to the 5 out of 65 - I know you can do it!!! :D

SuPrBuGmAn:
The camera adds 10 pounds and tannick water subtracts 40 :D I need to dive that crap more often!

Another benefit of crummy water conditions - can we bottle the stuff and sell it?

I got a report from Larry last night that Maryann at ScubaTech said she heard Morrison was clear. I hope the grapevine is right and the weathermen are wrong!

Larry and Tyler will probably be doing their first checkout dives Saturday at Vortex - I don't think they'll be there by the time you leave for Morrison if we dive at 8:00 AM. We are aiming for 8 right?

SeaYoda:
I got a report from Larry last night that Maryann at ScubaTech said she heard Morrison was clear. I hope the grapevine is right and the weathermen are wrong!

Larry and Tyler will probably be doing their first checkout dives Saturday at Vortex - I don't think they'll be there by the time you leave for Morrison if we dive at 8:00 AM. We are aiming for 8 right?

Clear eh? Thats great! :D

Theres a bit more rain in the forecast, but I think its scattered, so I'm wishing for the best.

Planning for 8AM still, it seems to be the time to go if you want to get wet before classes and before the majority of the boaters. Getting there earlier gets to be very difficult with a 2 hour drive :D Tom Smedley and Rick Murchison are diving Vortex with classes and wanted us to stop by and say 'hello'. We could always meet up with Larry and Tyler over there too. I may be camping out at Vortex anyway :)

Digging the new sig countdown :D

As for picture taking, I have a 512mbXd card and a 1gbFC card in the camera which says I should get 462 SHQ pictures total, or 1210 HQ pics :D. I always find the camera's predicted # less than what you get out of the card anyway :D The question will be battery life :D I bought an extra battery with the first camera and the first camera's battery is still good, so I have 3 of the 5060 proprietary batteries...

I also have the (2) 32mbXd cards that came with the camera(1 with each cam) if for some reason I shoot an enourmous amount of photos.

We'll have to stop by and see those guys - I may finally get to meet them.

The time on the timer is not exactly right - TA is working on some bugs in the program and will adjust things when he sees all is well. Still fun to have though. I love to brag about getting to dive - even if in brown water :D.

10-20' sounds great to me. It will be a treat to meet Tom and Rick. Going to be diving all over vortex Sat. Afternoon/Evening.

Matt

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom