Morrison lake simcoe ? Dec 16th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brooks,

i dove the mo! this afternoon and my drysuit is still in the shop, i sucked it up and dove it wet, the vis was top notch but i froze my hands off (bring dry gloves) no ice and it was a cool 32 not that bad i guess for jan 14th.

-pm me next time you go!!

-you too HORN!!

steve

May be on the freeze by then, Hit the water with Rob today and it was a killer freeze at the surface (-15 C) water temp at 35 F and the vis was crap. Lost the wreck as the mooring is gone and the line has been removed/messed with about 2/3'rd the way there we blew right by in the 4 to 5 foot vis.

I'm going in for the winter as I need to change my seals (wrist) and find a pesky slow leak near the pouch region....oh those frozen meat balls....

Give Steve a PM but you may be skating if the weather stays cold!

The line got moved? Does anyone know who played with that? I wouldn't mind running a new line with someone - probably in the spring. Is the buoy still floated/tied off to the wreck?
S.

Bouy is removed and the line ends just after the "Beware Tiger Perch "sign. There is a big clump of the cement blocks there that are not the same as my video from November. A new line would be nice. I can see about the rope donation!

May be some slick new signs!

Reports of fine layer of ice this morning

Horn - let me know about the rope... I wonder if someone pulled the lines 'cause it winter and it will be icing over soon - althought I don't see how that makes a difference...

Hopefully there won't be any ice on it this weekend :S

S.

Sorry S.

Iced over in the last few days. BBP is still supposed to be open but we're getting socked in by a storm. It looks like the marker was pulled just in time but it was "pulled" so there is a big pile of cement blocks where the guide rope would have paid out.

Spring will have to be the time to get things neat and tidy. Will be checking on a possible entry fix up etc if your looking check out my postings on the ontariodiving.com site regarding work on the JC

Kevin R:
Nobody in Barrie owns a chainsaw? :wink:

No chain saw, but we used brute force to break up ice - to enlarge the open area at the beach and then swam toward the existing line to tie in.

Andre

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom