Morrison lake simcoe ? Dec 16th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

S.
Still under warranty. I received it last Thursday at noon, and was in the water by 4. I called them that day.. The leak is isolated to the left ankle; its not draining in from a wrist or somewhere else etc.

Did you get the vulcinized boots or the trek boot configuration?

I have an older XCD2 pro Dry and I noted that this years models were changing from the 7mm vulcanized boots to 4mm boots. I wonder why this is? Also if you have the trek boots how did you like them before the water?

Hope the ice stays off....... hope the ice stays of........

Sailing up Huron right now en-route to Thunder Bay. They have a few inches in the harbour but nothing too severe.

PM me if your up to a dive on January 11th or 12th as long as the ice stays off. I want to get some video.

sbrooks
I got the vulcanized boot. They're good, but small (size 9 1/2 foot) fitting to turtle jets. They're a 4mm neoprene..
S.

I sent off an e-mail to see what a change out to the Trek boots would be and its about $150 as a do it yourself. I have a size 10 and just find the fins get a tad loose with a bit of air in the feet. (not the fins actually, they are held to the boot like crazy just my foot feels loose inside the boot, nothing bad, just a bit annoying). I also have turtles and recently changed to the spring straps as they were a bit tight trying to pull the rubber strap around the back. will see how that all works out

DrownedRat:
FYI my first year before going dry, I picked up a used pair of dry gloves that had a latex seal around the wrist instead of the docking ring system. Worked like a charm with my wetsuit and kept my hands toasty. I still have them as backups if you're interested.
Only issue is you can't equilize them so if you plan to go past 90ft or so they can get a bit tight (not generally an issue for wet divers in this temp). Chan has them now so you can ask her how well they work.

Shawn... are you going to come diving with me, so that I can give them back to you??? :):) Other than the fact that they are too big for me, they really are warm, and work really well. Horn, if you do continue to dive wet, they would probably be a good option for you. :)

Maybe Shawn would let you try his before buying a pair? :D

Chantelle

Horn, if you do continue to dive wet, they would probably be a good option for you.
I dive Dry: Bare XCD2 Pro with Diving Concepts dry gloves, who were you refering to?

I only dive in the ol' wetsuit if the water temps warrent it, however, as my buddy says: "I guess neoprene shrinks when you hang it up for a while" cause my large is a bit too tight in the arms and legs....funny that...would have thought the ol gut but.....

Hopefully on the Morrison in three or four days, No ice to speek of here in T-Bay. Last few days would have been awesome diving.....dang.....

Regufool, how's that suit coming???

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom