Monterey conditions. (let's keep it going )

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lately it's the sea lions that scare the crap out of me. I'll be staring at a nudibranch, and the moment I turn a sea lion pops out of nowhere to dive bomb my face.

Anyone else always have in the back of their mind, "Hmm...a lot of sea lions at Breakwater...great whites hunt sea lions ... ergo..."

Perhaps the boat traffic and constant human presence deters them from the area, but with divers constantly in sea lion territory it seems weird no one has footage yet of whities at least checking the wall out.

Dove at Breakwater yesterday. 10ft vis at best. Water was a bit green due to all the sunshine.

Buddy had a short fill on an 80 so we had a short dive this morning at Lobos. We dropped vaguely near middle reef in about 30 feet of water and headed toward bird poop rock west of the sand channel. The vis was a milky 20 to 30 feet under a dark overcast. At times the surface was clearly visible. We got in 39 minutes with a max depth of 37 feet and water temperature of 50 to 51 F. Got buzzed by a cormorant a couple of times, otherwise a pretty average dive. We exited at low tide and had to crawl out, there just wasn't enough water on the ramp.

Divers parked across the parking lot reported seeing a 10 foot great white stalking a sea lion and showed me pictures on their camera!

My drysuit leaked again so I'm looking for a Viking repair shop. I think it's the zipper. Recommendations?

Well...so far I've shared the parking lot with divers who've experienced two whale sightings, a few dolphin sightings, numerous seal encounters, and now a shark. I haven't seen them...but...

Clearly, I need to retire and dive Lobos more often. :D

@ 3D diver, try Bob from comdive.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom