Monterey conditions. (let's keep it going )

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had a couple of nice dives at Lobos yesterday. Coal chute cove was a bit too surgey and my buddy had reached turn pressure anyways. Hole in the wall had the better conditions regarding surge and visibility. It looked to be about 25 - 30'. 51 degrees was the lowest I saw.

No GW sightings, but... I did hear the music a couple of times.

I for one am not risking getting mistaken for a sea lion. Contacting DUI about a custom orca-shaped drysuit immediately.

Orca3.jpg

And just when my leg is all healed and I can get back in the water. I was hoping the rain would clear things up some.

Vis at Breakwater was 5-10ft and green. Went by Monastery and waves were pretty pumping. Talked to a guy coming out of the water at North Monastery who was snorkeling and collecting kelp samples for UC Davis. He said vis was 10ft. Water looked blue though.

Really hope it's a passing phase, and we aren't stuck with murky green water until Winter.

Today felt like winter, hope the vis becomes great too

Last edited:
Had 15-20' of vis at Breakwater this morning, with a nice sunny day providing lots of light. Surge started picking up mid-morning, and by early afternoon the vis was starting to close in. Still, a better day than I expected, both topside and down below.

Back
Top Bottom