MK15/20/25/19 How about that?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, I'm no SP fanboy. I mean, they invented the X650 :rofl3: But you can't argue with their engineering. I don't think they were going for tiny; they could certainly do that. I think it was a combination of flow and cold resistance.
As they said, they wanted a diaphragm that looked like their Mk 25. It's just a little bigger.
And 240+ CFM flow? And 5-6psi IP shift from full to empty tank? You have to admit, it's impressive.
Me, I hate the Mk25. I have no use for an unsealed piston. Tired of the grit-scratching next to the piston head. I dive Atomic for pistons.
But Poseidon's XStream brought me over to diaphragms. And now, the Mk19 turret and D420 makes a perfect doubles set for me.

I have two MK-18s I have acquired and should do something with. Thinking of a rebuild, DIN upgrade and use for doubles.

The Mark 19 is a beautiful piece of equipment. And I see the attraction for doubles and this side mount thing as the turret is helpful there. I just wish they would not discontinue the more compact and for single tanks, better routing, the Mark 17 Evo provides without a turret. If Scubapro wants to drop a first stage maybe consider getting rid of that weird Mark 21. The Mark 17 Evo is perfect to fill that niche and more. And some people like the Mark 17 hose routing. But I guess if you need to break world records the Mark 25 is still king of the hill:

Merry Christmas to all,
James

The Mark 19 is a beautiful piece of equipment. And I see the attraction for doubles and this side mount thing as the turret is helpful there. I just wish they would not discontinue the more compact and for single tanks, better routing, the Mark 17 Evo provides without a turret. If Scubapro wants to drop a first stage maybe consider getting rid of that weird Mark 21. The Mark 17 Evo is perfect to fill that niche and more. And some people like the Mark 17 hose routing. But I guess if you need to break world records the Mark 25 is still king of the hill:

Merry Christmas to all,
James
Would be nice with proper commentary and not music that wants to make you retch.

Would be nice with proper commentary and not music that wants to make you retch.

I doubt that any of the other mini-me companies can do what SP regulators can do or even can afford to get 135 divers in a pool to breath from one of their copycat regulators.

I doubt that any of the other mini-me companies can do what SP regulators can do or even can afford to get 135 divers in a pool to breath from one of their copycat regulators.
Well…you could say that Atomic Aquatics was a copycat too. But I swear by my B2 and so do you!

Well…you could say that Atomic Aquatics was a copycat too. But I swear by my B2 and so do you!

Well funded and was innovative and brought something unique. I am not dismissing ALL start ups at all, I am against the overblowing of the mini-mes who are mere copycats.

It was just a gimmick anyways. I was thinking along the same lines, if it was a real test, why not give some technical explanation of the record attempt. Yes, somewhat odd selection of music if that is what it was, but it was just a stunt. Maybe George Thorogood and Bad to the Bone :wink:. So, I guess the Mark 19/Mark 17 could only support 100 divers?

Running the tiny Core Supreme Din first and my new Mark 17 using a G250 on full purge, I do not see any real difference in IP drop. They both snap right back quickly. The Core Supreme is factory set at 125 psi IP and the Mark 17 Evo seems factory set at 135 psi. The AL Core Supreme locks faster with absolutely no creep, but it has a few break-in dives on it. It would probably only support 50 divers :(. Same thing however with my Mark 20 (converted to Mark 25, not Evo), it has less drop. Sitting in my shop is not the same as being at 100 feet. Another thing I notice, the Core and the Mark 17 have an initial drop and a recovery under flow, the Mark 20/25, it is there but hardly noticeable. But it is freshly serviced so once water gets into the ambient chamber and washes the lube off the cylinder wall I am sure it will suffer some stiction.

What are these black "tech" coatings that Scubapro is using on some sets now instead of bright or matte chrome? They are pretty but what are they?

James

My only problem with mk19 evos, bump caps are getting lost.

Does anyone knows mk17evo bump caps are same with mk19evo?

Back
Top Bottom