MK15/20/25/19 How about that?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interested.
How has everyone's use of the MK19s been so far?
Probably gonna pick up a pair for doubles/sidemount use (with G260)

I'm loving mine. What's to say? Turret routing is pretty standard, given the Mk25 piston and all the Deep6, Apeks and HOG diaphragms for comparison. Nice crisp response on the IP gauge. Only complaint is the frequency with which the environmental diaphragm loses its seal and develops a bubble underneath (just like old Apeks). I've brought this up with René Dupré at Scubapro.

Interested.

I have same setup and I am using it mostly for sidemount diving. So far it works great. I can’t compare with other brands but definitely very high performing regulators.

Interested.
I have Mk19/G260 and absolutely love it! No issues whatsoever

So I am about to commit to purchasing this reg set tomorrow - a Scubapro MK19EVO/G206 combo. The dealer is not in my home town and I will be getting it shipped. And neither is a authorised service tech nearby. I will be shipping my regs for inspecting and servicing once every two years besides doing the checklist inspection with an IP Gauge myself. I am relying on the fact that SBP 2nd stages have an anti-engraving feature and this one has a twist-lock for the purge face-plate. I am getting a pretty good deal comparable to International pricing but the downside to that is that I am scared I may be getting 2nd stages used as show pieces and mishandled by shop staff that is ignorant about diving and equipment in general (because an earlier chat history for purchasing fins was handled by a young accountant/sales girl staff). Like for example, the 2nd stage having its cracking pressure knob turned in to maximum and the anti-engraving purge face plate unlocked and then stored for long periods of time.

How do I know I am getting a well kept item in its Original packaging? Does SBP have a special identifiable packaging for its new regs that is tamper proof? If yes then can somebody post a photo of the original packaging for it?

Thanks!

Edit: Just found this… no plastics. So is there any tamperproof packaging at all? SBP adopts Eco friendly packaging

It is extremely unlikely that the reg will have been stored or will be shipped with the purge button locked down. That's a user feature that few take advantage of.
That said, the combination is new enough that the reg set will not have sat around for long. Even as a "demo" store reg, unless it has been dived, the G260 is pretty resistant to mishandling.
The first stage valve will have sat open and all but untouched except when it was perhaps pressurized for demo.
You'll likely be just fine, and using @Couv 's checklist Regulator Inspection and Checklist (Rev-8)
you can prove it.

I'm looking to replace my DSTs with something lighter.

How's the weight of the Mk19 compared to Mk25? In DIN.

Back
Top Bottom