Mix/Match Auqa Lung Legend and Mares Octopus?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've been through the archives, and have read that in most cases it's OK to mix and match a regulator and octopus from different manufacturers.

However a number of posts also make reference that the Aqua Lung Legend is an overbalanced reg, and that you should use an overbalanced octopus with it, though other posts seem to infer that you can use any octo as long as you have it adjusted to handle the greater pressure.

I've just picked up a barely used Legend at a great price, and want to know if I can use my Mares octo on it, or do I need to invest in an Aqua Lung LX octo?

What's the definative answer?

Marc :jester:

I don't have the exact specs for the Legend, but Aqua Lung typically uses an IP of 120 - 160 psi, Mares 135 - 140 psi.

I guess an IP check would be in order, you may or may not fall into the groove.
Aside from a possible IP adjustment, there's no reason indicated why you shouldn't be able to use your Mares on the Aqua Lung.

I own Legend LX + Axis octo. Used it couple of times ( shallow depths ; less than 25 mtrs. ).
never any problem so far. Is it dangerous ?

I had a Mares Axis octo on my Aqua Lung Titan 1st stage for a long time and never had any problems with either.

However, I now dive an Apek's ATX50 and Aqua Lung LX as my backup reg.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom