Miss my Carrying Strap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JeffG:
(Actually scary...I'm drinking a grape Crush right now :D)
Tamas are you spying on JeffG?

Soggy:
Sand is not silt.

Hey, sand is considered silt. At least in cave training it is. Luckily, sand is heavy and as a result does not stay suspended in the water column long. As a result, most silt outs due to sand are short lived.

This finger walking sounds similar to a pull and glide. As Soggy said, if you can propel yourself with a kick, save the environment and keep your hands to yourself.

...and now back to our regulalry scheduled programming:

As originally asked by redhatmama, how and why is the strap a snag point, especially on fishing lines inside caves?

Tamas:
As originally asked by redhatmama, how and why is the strap a snag point, especially on fishing lines inside caves?

There are other places to dive other than caves.

You clearly don't understand the concept of minimalism, which is what this mythical dive style called "Hogarthian" is based upon.

Yes, I think finger walking and pull and glide are the same. There are some restrictions too shallow for any kind of kick. That's when you finger walk. So I suppose modified flutter works well in narrow spaces. But what's with the hip twitch? I'm a girl and I can't get my buns to move like that.

redhatmama:
Yes, I think finger walking and pull and glide are the same. There are some restrictions too shallow for any kind of kick. That's when you finger walk. So I suppose modified flutter works well in narrow spaces. But what's with the hip twitch? I'm a girl and I can't get my buns to move like that.

I think it's actually the easiest of all those kicks since it is so much like the flutter, only with your fin tips pointed up and your knees bent. I could show you, but describing it over the Internet is next to impossible.

Aaahhh. Light bulb. Fin tips pointed up is the key. I just bent my foot up at the anke and extended my leg at the knee and felt my buttocks move.

redhatmama:
Aaahhh. Light bulb. Fin tips pointed up is the key. I just bent my foot up at the anke and extended my leg at the knee and felt my buttocks move.
What did your co-workers think?:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom