Miss my Carrying Strap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

StSomewhere:
The modified flutter is also good for swimming over reefs (like swimming over a brain coral).

Wow....I think this is first time I've ever heard of a special kick for swimming over brain coral. Last time I swam over a brain coral I think I was swimming upside down and backwards blowing bubble rings....and all this time I should have been paying attention to my flippers..... <slaps forehead> I *knew* I was doing something strokastic but I just couldn't put my finger on it..... :D

R..

redhatmama:
"Fin Your Way to a Fantastic Figure!" :D

Well sign me up! We can redefine the word "bent".....as in... "My feet were bent for weeks and I walk with a permant limp but they want to put my buttocks on display in the Louvre".

R..

Diver0001:
Well sign me up! We can redefine the word "bent".....as in... "My feet were bent for weeks and I walk with a permant limp but they want to put my buttocks on display in the Louvre".

R..

:D :D :D

Diver0001:
Wow....I think this is first time I've ever heard of a special kick for swimming over brain coral. Last time I swam over a brain coral I think I was swimming upside down and backwards blowing bubble rings....and all this time I should have been paying attention to my flippers..... <slaps forehead> .....

It has nothing to do with being stroketastic (your words), it has everything to do with keeping your frickin' fins off the reef. But thanks for that cynicism, its refreshing (or not)... Shouldn't you be busy merging all your little countries into one?

StSomewhere:
It has nothing to do with being stroketastic (your words), it has everything to do with keeping your frickin' fins off the reef. But thanks for that cynicism, its refreshing (or not)...

I agree with the sentiment. I was just having some fun with how seriously we take ourselves sometimes. I think the people most likely to crash into a braincoral have never heard of a modified flutter kick.

Shouldn't you be busy merging all your little countries into one?
We were waiting for the Americans to do that.... :)

StSomewhere:
It has nothing to do with being stroketastic (your words), it has everything to do with keeping your frickin' fins off the reef. But thanks for that cynicism, its refreshing (or not)... Shouldn't you be busy merging all your little countries into one?
Pretty classless comment. Anywho...

I've done all sorts of stupid stuff over brain coral, barrel rolls, hanging upside down, riding my buddy's tank like a bull, granted I was 10+ feet above it. You're free to dive pretty much however you like, but it's really not neccesary to be so close to coral that you need to use the modfied flutter and the frog kick would be a better choice since you have better up/down control with it then the mod flutter.

The way things are going 'round here you may not have to wait too much longer Robert!

I forgot the wink smiley, sorry. Mea culpa.

About the reefs, I see to much of it abused. I really don't care what equipment a diver uses or who taught who to dive with what agency or what fin kicks anyone uses as long as they keep thier fins off the reefs. People who can do that are too rare, IMO. Anything I can do to keep one person off the reefs is time well spent.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom