Mikron 1st stage with Titan 2nd stage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fwiw that is the max I would pay. Maybe offer 125. Again this is based on price in the states.

I have Mikrons from my first year diving with no letters in seriel number to my most recent purchase in January with a seriel number H069359. None with ACD’s.

The ACD issue is not for Mikrons and not for dins but my personal preference is no ACD.

The ACD issue is not for Mikrons and not for yokes but my personal preference is no ACD.
Definitely not for Mikrons in the US, can't say one way or the other about other parts of the world without making assumptions.
And I assume you misspoke, I am correcting for other readers. It was ONLY a yoke issue, rather than "not for yokes."

Definitely not for Mikrons in the US, can't say one way or the other about other parts of the world without making assumptions.
And I assume you misspoke, I am correcting for other readers. It was ONLY a yoke issue, rather than "not for yokes."
You are right. “not for dins” post edited. Thank you.

Since there has not been a recall notice for mikrons here or in Europe I think it is safe to say that it does not exist. There is too the fact that according to Europe based dive shops, the AL Mikron ACD is a new feature there as well.

@uncfnp
Cool. I assumed that you were in the US and not speaking for any direct knowledge of Europe, since your location says North Carolina. Example of even reasonable assumptions being incorrect.

The wonder of the internet is that it gives savvy divers around the world access to global info. No assumptions needed.

Of course a savvy diver also takes such information for what it is worth. But I think the Aqualung recall site is probably valid as well as the info posted online by European based dive shops. First hand information on the other hand is only as valid as the individual him/herself. (as evidenced by my eariler typo)

I just work from the assumption that there is a human tendency for many people, including some of those on SB, to generalize specific local knowledge or custom to a far broader application than is reasonable, and to do so emphatically. So I try not assume what was left unsaid.

@Lriemann

Have you made a decision yet? I am not as familiar with the Titan as the Mikron and looking at the photo I wonder if the knob on the Titan is the same type of adjustment knob available on the Mikron. If not, that might effect your decision. Perhaps @JackD342 knows.

Looking at Leisurepro I see they still have the discontinued Mikron without the ACD available at a discount 349 dollars. Some of your local on online shops may also have a similar closeout deal.

@Lriemann

Have you made a decision yet? I am not as familiar with the Titan as the Mikron and looking at the photo I wonder if the knob on the Titan is the same type of adjustment knob available on the Mikron. If not, that might effect your decision. Perhaps @JackD342 knows.

Looking at Leisurepro I see they still have the discontinued Mikron without the ACD available at a discount 349 dollars. Some of your local on online shops may also have a similar closeout deal.
I assume you mean the 2nd stage? That is a Venturi switch, not a cracking pressure adjustment.
Looks like the opposite is true on the Mikron - opening effort adjustment, no Venturi. But looks like they intend it to be used the same way, detuning at the surface to minimize free flow.

I assume you mean the 2nd stage? That is a Venturi switch, not a cracking pressure adjustment.
Looks like the opposite is true on the Mikron - opening effort adjustment, no Venturi. But looks like they intend it to be used the same way, detuning at the surface to minimize free flow.
That’s what I thought. Personal choice but I would prefer the work of breathing/cracking pressure adjustment over the flow adjustment of the venturi switch.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom