Mighty O in August

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

More Teases

Unexpected Hotel Room
First Class Food and Second Class Food
Beauty everywhere - above water and under
3 Perverts in a truck and picked up a fourth
Dirty jokes almost got out of hand - is there such a point?
Stolen "gear" cart
Falling tanks
Tanks slipping out of BCDs
Sweet Tea - no sweet tea fights
Long lines or should I say wait times for simples things (McDonalds)
Ripping Currents
O Rings breaking
Deep dives
Shallow Dives
Live Music
Wonderful and not so wonderful views at the local pool
Bait Shop / Cafe
"Professional" Driving

And soo much more.

Here is a partial. Did 6 dives in the 2 days we were there. 4 on Saturday and 2 on Sunday. Viz was pretty crappy the first day. When we did the Eagle on Sat. the viz was maybe 10'-15' at best. Most spots it was less. Still a great dive. Then today we did the Duane. That dive alone was worth the trip. The viz was around 60' or so and it is a fantastic wreck. The current was ripping. We looked like a flag hanging in the breeze on the safety stop. The remaining dives were reef and ledge dives. All were very nice. Lots of life.
All in all it was a great trip. The company was good and the room wasn't too shabby either. Larry gets all the credit for setting it up. If your going to Key Largo you want to go with him. He knows all the good food establishments as well. He really came through on this one.
I still wish I got to do the Mighty O but what can you do. We will get there but this was a great alternative. By the way... if you are going to dive down there Conch Republic Divers did a great job. They are worth the money and I would definately go back for another round.

So glad you guys still had a great time :yelclap:

BTW, I love Conch Republic. Capt. Gary and Admiral Brenda totally rock :rocker:

We took some pics but don't know how good they are. I'm sure one of the guys will get them posted up here soon. Now I just have to get to the Oriskany. Maybe after hurricane season. I know if I meet anyone named Faye they should watch out. I might have to hit them in the head for the way their namesake ruined my trip. :wink:

I was playing with a new/used underwater film camera over the weekend in the keys and out of 5 rolls of film I got about 6 barely OK pics.:redhot:

My flash screwed everything up and focus was way off.

But the one I was really hoping would come out DID!!! Good Times. I will see about uploading what I can.

I had a great time!! The three guys I went with are absolutely retarded and crazy but I thank them for that!! :rofl3: :mooner::D It was a fast ride down and back due to the professional driving by GRD!! :auto:You da man!! We stayed at the Ocean Pointe Suites for $104 + 11.5% tax for a two bedroom, two bath and a pull-out couch in the living room with a view of the Atlantic Ocean. I thought it was great!! Thanks to Admiral Brenda from Conch Republic Divers in Tavernier for setting us up with accommodations and the diving. She is awesome!!!!

Like GRD said the vis wasn't very good on Sat. We did a couple of reefs for the first two dives and then on our 2nd boat trip we dove the Eagle and then a ledge. The vis on the Eagle was very low, like 15 at most and I was the first one down the line in our group and almost found it with my face. :11doh: Sundays dive was so much better!! What a difference a day makes. We dove the Duane and then a ledge. The Duane was a great dive. Due to the current, the Capt. dropped us off on the bow and picked us up on the stern. We did several swim throughs and the vis was easily 60 ft. We were on the deck around 100'+ for most of the dive. I loved it!! We wanted to do a second drop on it but that wasn't meant to be.

I took a few pics and some video and will post it up soon. One vid will not be posted and will be kept for sharing among the group. :eyebrow: Yeah baby!! (think Austin Powers) :mooner:

Thanks guys for making this a great alternative to the Mighty 'O' which I'm sure GRD will have many of when he gets to dive her in the near future. :rofl3::D

Hi all
You Oriskany dive stories are getting me mad.
I plan to come around pensacola for the 13-14th september week end.

Do you know of any dive plans for this week end ?

Is a 3mm wet suit enougth for such a dive ?
As I'll come from france, I won't have my full equipment, so if you know a serious dive club that is renting BCD, I"ll take the adress.

(If you know a small hotel not too far that has clean and cheap rooms, it will be nice also)

Thanks for the feedback
Regards
Alan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom