Mighty O in August

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

[GOOGLE][/GOOGLE]

Hey Bob do you have any spots open in November? I'm still jonesing to get up there and dive it. I heard that Gustav put the O on a 5 degree pitch toward the port side.

From what I've heard it is also 10ft deeper!! And the deck has ripples in it. Thanks Gustav!! :shakehead:

[GOOGLE][/GOOGLE]

Hey Bob do you have any spots open in November? I'm still jonesing to get up there and dive it. I heard that Gustav put the O on a 5 degree pitch toward the port side.

We have three of spots open. We have three divers who wanted to go, but couldn't make the Sept dive, who can make the dive Nov. 15. We are renting another 6 pack, which also is a 35 ft cataraman. I've see the boat and met the Capt. Nice boat and Capt. We will ride out and dive together. I've read here on the board of the list and depth, I thought I give Jim @ MBT a call in a week or so and get the low down on it. :palmtree: Bob

Bob,

If you do have spots open for you trip on November 15th, I’m interested.

Like GRD, I really want to dive the Mighty O.

Thanks!

I have a group diving the Mighty O September 12. Hopefully the storms will cooperate for our trip. :palmtree: Bob

Sorry to hear about the postponement.

From what I've heard it is also 10ft deeper!! And the deck has ripples in it. Thanks Gustav!! :shakehead:

Yes, that's true. The flight deck was at 45.1m (148') on 6-Sep-2008 which was the first trip that MBT and H2OBelow made post-Gustav. The pitch was about 18" across the top of the "Island" (there are other posts in which seadoggirl has some specifics). The viz was less than 30ft so there was no seeing the expanse of the flight deck for us.

Please do let us know how they run the dive in November.

-Rob

Yes, that's true. The flight deck was at 45.1m (148') on 6-Sep-2008 which was the first trip that MBT and H2OBelow made post-Gustav. The pitch was about 18" across the top of the "Island" (there are other posts in which seadoggirl has some specifics). The viz was less than 30ft so there was no seeing the expanse of the flight deck for us.

Please do let us know how they run the dive in November.
-Rob

Roger that! My Galileo told me the flight deck was 140 fsw in May. My old Smart Z said 139 fsw, as does my Citizen Hyper Aqualand Promaster. :palmtree: Bob

Because of Ike, no dive this week-end.
Had to cancels planes (no refund)
Bad bad day ;-(

Are you serious? The charter is not going to give you a refund? I can see the hotel, since nothing land based in P-cola is affected by the storm, so from their perspective there really is nothing stopping you from visiting the city, but a dive charter to the O? Please confirm if that's correct, because if it is, there is no way I will ever book with that charter and I will make sure to tell everyone I know to avoid them as well.

Hey Bob who do I contact about this trip? Is it the same shop you told me about before? Do I need to call them or is this something you set up? If the cost is not too high and I can get the time scheduled at work I might be up for it.

Are you serious? The charter is not going to give you a refund? I can see the hotel, since nothing land based in P-cola is affected by the storm, so from their perspective there really is nothing stopping you from visiting the city, but a dive charter to the O? Please confirm if that's correct, because if it is, there is no way I will ever book with that charter and I will make sure to tell everyone I know to avoid them as well.

I think it was the plane flight that didn't refund, not the charter. Am I correct Vor?

[GOOGLE][/GOOGLE]
I think it was the plane flight that didn't refund, not the charter. Am I correct Vor?
[GOOGLE][/GOOGLE]

I think you are right. Sucks no matter what it was for. I'm gonna get with you in the near future about a possible charter to the O. I'm jonesin to do this dive. I'm waiting to hear from a buddy of mine about it and then I might start settin things up.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom