Mighty O in August

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

K Mejean

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Greetings Y'all !!!! I'm thinking about doing a trip to the Mighty O toward the end of August. Going up on Friday night, hitting the Mighty O on Saturday morning and then coming back Saturday night. That is my initial thought anyway. I'm open to suggestions as far as time and dates go. So does anyone have any interest in doing this? If you guys are into the trip I will get a dive boat set up and hunt down rooms.
Let me know Y'all. I really want to get a dive in on the Mighty O this year!!!!!!!

G-R-D,
You'll love diving the "O" Wish I had known you wanted to dive her sooner, we're going in two weeks, but that trip is full now. After most of the day on the water and two dives, you're going to be very tired at the end of the day. More tired than you realize now. Consider spending Saturday night up there and driving home Sunday. It's a long haul to Pensacola and back. Here is the guy we use. Gary's Gulf Divers, Charter Boat Trips and Prices Talk nice to him and you might get a third dive on the way in. :wink: You'll like Gary and his boat, the Cat-n- Around. He's out of Orange Beach Alabama. :palmtree: Bob

Check out the "H2O Below" in Pensacola. Great boat and crew!

Charter Boat H2O Below**** Pensacola Florida

For lodging, check out the Suburban Lodge in Pensacola (850)453-4140. All the rooms are suites with kitchens and if you tell them that MBT Divers sent you you'll get a discounted rate. It was around $85 per night.

I'm open to coming back on Sunday. Like I said it is just the initial idea and subject to change for what others want to do. Thanks for the info though.

I'm down for this G-R-D. The only problem I have is time away from the family. I would rather have done it on a weekday, but I understand, y'all are working while I'll be on vacation.:lotsalove:

I'm definitely interested!! It is about a 5 hr + drive, so I would agree that it would have to be a 2 night stay.

If you need any help with setting this up, let me know. :14:

I'd be interested as well methinks...we can chat about it during next month's trip on the Barbara Lee.

Cheers.

-J.-

[GOOGLE][/GOOGLE]
I'd be interested as well methinks...we can chat about it during next month's trip on the Barbara Lee.

Cheers.

-J.-

Works for me. I will start checking on rooms and boats to see what kind of deals I can come up with. hen we can chat about it on the trip.
Chugger if you want to take a couple of days to come along we would love to have ya. I understand the family thing though. I have a tough time leaving mine but sometimes you just have to do it!!!!!:D

Hey Y'all. I got a little bit of an update. I got a PM from a boat operator that has a 6 pack boat. I am going to get with him this weekend and see what availability he has and prices. Are there any dates that don't work for you guys? I am thinking the weekend of the 23rd but I still have to check my schedule to be certain.
So far we got
Scoobahdood
Johnny Bravo
Me
and Chugger is a maybe.
Anyone else?

Git-R-Dun I dove the "O" last August. Great dive. Don't wait too long to make your reservations we barely got on a boat. It is a long day you might want to wait until Sunday to drive back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom