Miflex medium pressure hoses, quality?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChangeAgent

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I am considering replacing my standard low pressure hoses for Miflex hoses. I love the flexibility and lightness of them. My concern is durability and strength.

Does anybody out there have a longer term experience with theses hoses and could comment on durability and strength? Thanks.

I have about 200 dives on ones I bought at the end of 2008 and my wife has about 120 dives on hers from the same period. Both sets have held up well with no visible fading, tearing, pulling etc. The only problem I had was an original longhose I bought was not crimped well and leaked. The replacement has had no problem.

A number of the dives for me have been wreck dives and the hoses have shown good durability with only one little fiber either snagged or cut. This does not affect the hose at all.

I like the lightweight materials they are made out of and am looking forward to replacing my HP hose one day with a Miflex.

thanks!

I've done more than 400 dives on my Miflex hoses and they look as good as new, other than a few rust stains on the bright yellow octo hose.

I have 70 plus dives on a prototype Miflex Xtreme-Hi high-pressure hose and that similarly shows no sign of wear.

Mark

I have 70 plus dives on a prototype Miflex Xtreme-Hi high-pressure hose and that similarly shows no sign of wear.

I saw MarkUK and his pencil thin prototype yesterday and he noticed the lust in my heart.

(I went home back to Chicago, and left MarkUK in Pompano staring out to the East at the surf. In that he is on the internet today, I will assume that the wind has not abated!)

I swapped all my hoses for Miflex, and now have more than 100 dives on them. Most of those being "close quarters" wreck penetration dives, and the hoses still look brand new. Highly recommended. See my review of Miflex hoses at the bottom of this webpage:

MIFLEX Regulator Hoses at www.DiveSeekers.com

Good prices and free shipping there too!

Note they are also taking pre-orders for the new HP Miflex hoses as well:

Pre-Order MIFLEX HP Hoses at www.DiveSeekers.com

i bought new regs in March and my aussie Mr Zeagle put a miflex hose on it so i can see what they are like..... yesterday i placed my order to replace all the other hoses with miflex as i liked it so much

cheers

Back
Top Bottom