miflex colors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba fryd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
i am starting to side mont and i am getting miflex hoses but I don't know what colors to get my fins and mask are yellow and I am getting my wing in yellow when I have enugf money but will yellow hoses be to muche ?

i am starting to side mont and i am getting miflex hoses but I don't know what colors to get my fins and mask are yellow and I am getting my wing in yellow when I have enugf money but will yellow hoses be to muche ?
Why are you getting mi-flex hoses for sidemount? They are floaty, take a set and stay somewhat kinked, and are not friendly to drysuit neck seals or the little hairs on your neck/arms.
They are also recommended to be replaced every two years.
They also are known to kink shut. I and some other tech instructors I know did/do not allow mi-flex hoses on regulators for that reason.
Rubber hoses last longer, are not prone to kinking, and don't abrade seals of skin.
Get black rubber hoses and forget the mi-flex.

15 (+?) years of use, treating them like bad dogs.
Once again, I’ve beaten the odds? No probs.
I like them.

Mine are tactical (aka “TECH”) Black. Muy macho.

<*}}})))>< surprised no-body’s said the phrase yum-yum-yellow, but…)

The replacement recommendation from Miflex is five years, not two. Five years is the industry standard I think for all hoses. I have not had any issues with Miflex or the lesser expensive braided hoses from Piranha and DGX. I rather like them. Sidemount use, I cannot comment.

Check out DGX for color hoses. They also have some good info on braid vs. rubber.
I'm building another reg set and am going to use their double braid.
Cost wise, 5 year replacement is a drop in the bucket for all hoses.

All scuba hoses are recommended to be replace every five years, not just Miflex hoses, from DGX as an example:

Every five years has been the recommendation for as long as I can remember.

from DGX as an example:
I'm pretty sure if DGX posted a tech tip that said "Next time you see a honking big moray eel poke him in the ribs a couple of times because they like to be tickled.", I would do it. :poke:

Disclaimer, they did NOT say this :rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom