Poseidon and Miflex

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Njord fr

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello,

I would like to change my medium and high-pressure hoses to Miflex.
I have a Poseidon regulator, and it seems that the connectors are larger than those of other brands? What is the reference to ensure I buy the correct ones?

Thank you 🙏

Hello,

I would like to change my medium and high-pressure hoses to Miflex.
I have a Poseidon regulator, and it seems that the connectors are larger than those of other brands? What is the reference to ensure I buy the correct ones?

Thank you 🙏
Newer Poseidon models now allow for standard hose use, so it would depend upon the age of your regulators — and there are also adaptors available for older gear . . .

Essentially the Cyklon is the only reg using a different thread on the 2nd stage end.

Unless you have older models but you can get adapters that essentially make them natively standard.

The Cyklon unfortunately how it's designed needs an adapter after the second stage and so added a failure point. It's not a bid issue but bothers some.

As stated, you can buy replacement regulator parts that mean you can use standard hose fittings, advice will be better if you tell us which Poseidon regs your using.

Essentially the Cyklon is the only reg using a different thread on the 2nd stage end.

Unless you have older models but you can get adapters that essentially make them natively standard.

The Cyklon unfortunately how it's designed needs an adapter after the second stage and so added a failure point. It's not a bid issue but bothers some.
I have used myriad adaptors for years with Cyklons and some other models as well -- and have yet to experience any "failure point" occurrence associated with their use. Often, with the older models (300s in particular), adaptors were used at both ends of the hoses, to convert "vintage" HP G1/8 fittings to standard 7/16 UNF or G1/8 to 3/8 UNF for LP hoses.

I think that the bigger "failure point" would be with the Miflex hoses themselves, considering that I ran into a bad batch of them on two occasions from DGX -- and will no longer use them . . .

I got a couple of Omniswivels for a pair of Jetstreams I'm using for cave diving, and they are much more comfortable to dive with and also allow you to use regular second stage hoses. Two birds with one stone.

Genuine USA made Omniswivel:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom