help appraising older Poseidon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just finished rebuilding these two beauties. Crack at .8” and 1” respectively @165 psi IP, breath great. Omniswivel adapters cost more than the regs 😂. One needed a new spring though, luckily I had a beater for parts as well.

View attachment 828954

What do people think of these omniswivel adapters? Do they add significantly to the weight and length of the second stage? Are they a potential failure point?

I am changing my 5000’s to work with an isolation manifolded twinset. I have bought a Poseidon 210cm hose, partially because in the UK the adaptor is £33. The other one I can shorten with an end off an old AP Valves direct feed hose.

It may be worth having one as a spare for a hose failure.

Edit. Used to have one of those 300’s until one of the threads corroded on the first stage.

What do people think of these omniswivel adapters?

I mostly think I got a bazillion standard LP hoses, and there is no way I'm going to buy special Poseidon hoses.

I dislike the extra length they add, but it is acceptable. The weight I don't think is an issue, the plastic body Cyklon isn't a heavy regulator to begin with.

It is an extra dynamic o-ring, but one that sits right in front of your face and will fizz long before it fails entirely. Not a concern for me.

I mostly think I got a bazillion standard LP hoses, and there is no way I'm going to buy special Poseidon hoses.

I dislike the extra length they add, but it is acceptable. The weight I don't think is an issue, the plastic body Cyklon isn't a heavy regulator to begin with.

It is an extra dynamic o-ring, but one that sits right in front of your face and will fizz long before it fails entirely. Not a concern for me.

Thanks. Will probably get one and put it in the spares box. No point changing working hoses, but for the future.

What do people think of these omniswivel adapters? Do they add significantly to the weight and length of the second stage? Are they a potential failure point?

I am changing my 5000’s to work with an isolation manifolded twinset. I have bought a Poseidon 210cm hose, partially because in the UK the adaptor is £33. The other one I can shorten with an end off an old AP Valves direct feed hose.

It may be worth having one as a spare for a hose failure.

Edit. Used to have one of those 300’s until one of the threads corroded on the first stage.
The Omni Swivel adaptor for the Cyklon series is fine and the weight nominal, even with the metal regulator bodies, though I am not fond of the models for the Jetstream / Xstream which are far too large and unwieldy, in my opinion, though do like the company's gas switch blocks.

As far as any fail point is concerned, it is one additional o-ring -- no big whoop, considering all of the crap many divers carry nowadays . . .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom