Middle TN SB'ers Get Together

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubagal28:
What did the water temp end up being? I'm diving there on the 29th and just wondering how bad I am going to freeze my butt off in a wetsuit.

The temp has risen quite a bit since April 1. I logged it around 60 deg above the thermocline on the 15th. Not too shabby. I doubt it will be up to 70 deg in another 2 weeks, but it should be a bit warmer than 60.

Mike

Tanked Monkey:
The temp has risen quite a bit since April 1. I logged it around 60 deg above the thermocline on the 15th. Not too shabby. I doubt it will be up to 70 deg in another 2 weeks, but it should be a bit warmer than 60.

Mike

Thanks. I've been there when it’s been in the 60's and it’s at least bearable. Hopefully the warm weather we have been having will raise it at least a few degrees.

So, here we are, about one week before the event... I thought I would post a message on here just in case....

I'm gonna be in the line at Martha's when the gate opens. I have a 1985 Chevy S10 with a net tailgate. Color is faded silver and blue (hey, it's got about 485K miles on it!).

I'm about 6'6" tall.... I'm also going to bring my 10'x12' EZ-UP and a couple of chairs, so we'll have a place if the shelter is full... I usually park past the shelter...

I will also have a cooler filled up with bottled water in it...

Take Care and we'll see you all on 4/29/2006!

Hey everyone! I'll be there this Saturday too (4/29/06), at 9am or so (need to pick up lunch at Subway first :) ). I'm a little guy (5'9"), and have a TLS 350 with red overlay. I drive a black Audi, and will park close to the pavillion. I'll probably be wearing a white UVA ballcap. Hope to see y'all this weekend!

Mike
ps-after this meetup, we'll have to start another thread or something

PM me if you want specifics

I'm planning on being there too. I drive a silver xterra with a bike rack on top.

See ya'll there!

I'll be there. I am trying to decide if I want to try it wet or dry. Might just bring both.
I'll be in a white BMW and will park close to the shelter.

I should be there. I am meeting my instructor in the afternoon to do dives for my nitrox class, but want to dive in the morning too, so hopefully I can meet up with all of you. Any clue how many dives you are planning? Also, just being sure I can get a wetsuit from the quarry? I dont have one and dont want to freeze. Ill be the guy in the red Jeep Cherokee, probably wearing something orange.

utdivermatt:
I should be there. I am meeting my instructor in the afternoon to do dives for my nitrox class, but want to dive in the morning too, so hopefully I can meet up with all of you. Any clue how many dives you are planning? Also, just being sure I can get a wetsuit from the quarry? I dont have one and dont want to freeze. Ill be the guy in the red Jeep Cherokee, probably wearing something orange.

In the past Fred has always had them to rent but I would call just to be sure.

615-860-0000

Do you have any clue when they are available to answer? I know the quarry is only open on the weekends. Wasnt sure when I could catch them this week.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom