Michigan Temperature Conversion Chart

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Most of us have seen a version of this chart. If there are others for Great Lakes areas, please post em'. Seems very fitting for this time of year. (especially the last one :D)

For those who don't know, tomorrows low will be -1 F. Phil and I are setting the alarm for 4am so we can step outside and see what -1 feels like. :D

MichiganTempConversionChart.gif

Unfortunately, I can't claim to be a Michigander any more, I've been transplanted down to Ohio, and a few years ago my mother gave me a sweatshirt saying "I yooseta be a Yooper." (Formerly of Gwinn)

But, having lived in Minot, ND for a few years as well, I've seen -37F, and -105 wind chill.

Ken

I can't believe tiggrr has never seen -1 living in Michigan. Wasn't it -5 without the windchill that day our scuba gear froze at Gilboa? Heck, that's clear down in Ohio. Tiggrr I bet you've experienced -1 it was just so warm you didn't notice :wink:
Ber :lilbunny:

No, I can't remember ever willingly stepping outside in it. :wink:

I prefer to spend as much time as possible inside. Perferably on a couch with my kitty cats and some cocoa.

I can believe everything except the part about the Lions winning the Super Bowl
I grew up in Sault Ste Marie, MI. and some of hits pretty close to home.
Great stuff!

I agree. After this last season, the punchline will go from

"Hell froze over the Lions won the Superbowl" to

Hell froze over the Lions won A GAME!

:D :cool2:

I was born and raised here. I have seen it MUCH colder than -1F. And I don't recall ever licking a flag pole, below freezing or otherwise.
But now that I have my new DRY SUIT, I don't much care how cold the water or air temp be!
*doing the dry suit dance*

I was born and raised here. I have seen it MUCH colder than -1F. And I don't recall ever licking a flag pole, below freezing or otherwise.
But now that I have my new DRY SUIT, I don't much care how cold the water or air temp be!
*doing the dry suit dance*

Congrats on the dry suit Sparty! I had no intentions of owning a dry suit when I bought mine in October. Now that I have it, I can't imagine life without it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom