MI diver looking for great escape 12/26 - 1/2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

suziq239

Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone,
I am a warm water diver stuck in the mitten. I recently lost my dive partner (yes I wish it was to a shark but alas it was just a good old fashioned break-up about 3 months ago) and am dying to get away for my vacation break. I am vet student at MSU, 29 yr old, PADI advanced, nitroxed, have own gear, 50+ dives, most over 75ft and am willing to try anything. Does anybody know of any group trips with open spots on such short notice?
I know asking this so publicly is a bit daring but I am actually considering flying into west palm on my own and diving with my old dive boat - but I have done that alot and would like to try something new. Any ideas, suggestion, leads, invites are more than welcome!

And no - its not deja vu- i have posted this in multiple threads

Cheers

Go Blue!

There's a few people from MI heading down to Gilboa (ok, so it isn't exactly warm water :wink: ) for New Years, although I think they're just going for a day trip.

heh - gilboa sounds a bit chilly - especially for New Years :) Not really looking to break ice to dive

and no it's GO GREEN ( barely :p

suziq239,
my wife does not dive.
when i go on a dive vacation alone, i go on a liveaboard.
everyone on board is there for the same reason.
the guests quickly come together as a group of friends.
i've met both female and male divers who travel solo this way.
you would have no problems going on a liveaboard by your self.
by doing a search on this board you will find a ton of good info about liveaboards.
regards,

Sound like a Bluebeard trip might be perfect for you. In expensive, warm water and suppose to be a lot of fun. I've heard it described as camping on a sail boat.

BlueBeard?

Well, Blackbeards, maybe. Your Vet training might come in handy. It's kind of tribal and inexpensive. Couldn't hurt to call any and all liveaboards and ask them what kind of "distressed merchandise" they migh have for sale. It isn't like a used car that depreciates... once it's gone- it's gone. They might cut you a deal.

West Palm? Which boat did you haunt?

I have to stick with my first real hardcore dive experience (no resort cuddly wuddly - its raining lets not go out crap). the boat was the Deep Obsession run by Jim Abernathy's in Riviera beach. Great bunch.

Never heard of a cheazp live aboard, i'll check them out

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom