Memorial Day Weekend, Falling Rock!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SCUBAJENNIFER:
I will likely only do a couple dives...I only have a 3mm...Brrrr!!

Oh...P.S. Chris..STAY AWAY FROM MY POCKETS!!! :whack:

3mil and lunch meat...you'll stay plenty warm! :D You may want to keep it shallow,
say 20' and less. That 54 degree water will sap your energy quick! Do you have a couple 3mils, maybe layer? When the weather improves I usually use a 3 mil shorty
as a core warmer. I hate my 7mil!!! At least the 80+ air temps this weekend will
make for a good SI.

I have been following this post for a couple of days, but wasn't sure if i could come down. I would like to come down on Sunday, just for the day.

A couple of questions:
1. Is there anywhere to rent tanks locally? Weights?

2. If I come down alone, how hard will it be to pair up with a buddy to dive?

3. Where can I get directions to Falling Rock?

4. Any idea how long a drive from Cincinnati?

Thanks;

John

jwalko:
I have been following this post for a couple of days, but wasn't sure if i could come down. I would like to come down on Sunday, just for the day.

A couple of questions:
1. Is there anywhere to rent tanks locally? Weights?

2. If I come down alone, how hard will it be to pair up with a buddy to dive?

3. Where can I get directions to Falling Rock?

4. Any idea how long a drive from Cincinnati?

Thanks;

John

Hey John!!! COME ON DOWN! Falling Rock is in LaGrange off of I-71,
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=95735&highlight=falling+rock+directions
You come down here and I will personally take you over to the dive shop for some
tanks, I do have an extra weight belt and weights, 6 pocket, fits a midrift of 34-40"
approximate. There will be a bunch of us to buddy with! Drive time, maybe an hour to an hour and a half???

jwalko:
Chris:

Thanks. I hope to see you on Sunday.

John

Hope to see you there John. Get an early start, you want to get some diving in
before the dive shop closes at 5. Should be a GOOD time! We will probably do the
fireworks thing Sunday night, less one light saber of course.

Looks like were BACK!!!!

Posts from SB2 site,

KPP Falling Rock this weekend!

SB2 roll call,

I picked up the beer this morning! Important things first!

I'm thinking on hamburgers/hot dogs/brats for Saturday and pork tenderloin and
chicken for Sunday. I will supply the tenderloins/chicken, we need some volunteers for paper wares, dogs, buns, chips, condiments. I do have a couple pounds of hambuger meat.

Chris

BTW, I bought MGD and BUD, no light beer, no one touched the stuff last
year. So if these are not your flavors, Bring some MORE! ICE is always nice.
Joe said someone left a cooler out there last year, has the name O'Brian on it,
it is over at the party shack if you want to claim it.

Wow, what a weekend!!! I'm exhausted. It was GREAT to meet up with old friends and get acquainted with new friends! It got a little wild at times, the fireworks show topped it off. Great job Wally and Brian. Jennifer "salty" was introduced to fresh water diving, wish I could spend as much time diving around the world. I hope you had a good time and we see you again for some low vis cold water diving! John, great to meet you and your daughter, I hope you can make the 1 1/2 hour trip more often! Vince, Wally found your watch, I'm holding it for "buddy ransom." It will cost you a couple of dives to get it back! We survived all the fish attacks, Darn, that bass on the New Yorker is really aggressive! Wally's scooter was a success, I'm really looking forward to those videos! :D
W.T. Where were you Sunday? We have really got to work on your schedule, I was hoping to get to dive with you, and I must say, you were diving wet?:confused:

I could go on and on, and I know I haven't mentioned everyone, but thanks for a
GREAT weekend!!! K1, K2, JP, when are we diving again???:wink:

Even though I couldn't stay long Thank you very much for a very good time & a good, but cold dive (I'll admit it, I'm a big coward when it comes to the cold- probably a female thing). You are all a great bunch & I hope to come up that way a few more times this summer. I'm just sorry I couldn't stay & meet even more of you (Jennifer, I heard that I had arrived just after you left, sorry 'bout that- bad directions). Perhaps later this summer? I will certainly make an effort.:blinking: Any way, thanks again Chris & KROBI, for taking a newbie under your wings for a bit!

Hey

Saturday was great! Great weather, great active fish, great fellowship and now I have two watches and an excuse for the wife on why I need to dive again. Yeah Chris that bass at the New Yorker was really aggressive and Wally if I can I'd love to have a copy of some of that video you shot at the boat. All in all we had a great time. We managed to log a total of 7 dives averaging 22 ft the shortest was 10 minutes when I noticed the leak in my reg hose but it held until that last dive. Turns out the "O" ring on my secondary reg hose eventually lost 1/4 of itself but not till the end of the day. We now have a pack of #5 "O" rings in the save a dive box for next time. T-storm tanks again for the use of your wrench kept the ring secure for most of the day. Hope to dive again with you guys sometime.

Vince

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom