Megadive Party '04-b

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok, so if this thread is being ressurected again, should we actually talk about what kind of trip we would like to do, where and when? Or would that be too simple?

I am still up for anything that gets me in the water with a whole bunch of SB'ers, or is that BS'ers i dont know :wink:

BTW, rabid columbian otters, before your time James :wink:

simbrooks:
I am still up for anything that gets me in the water with a whole bunch of SB'ers, or is that BS'ers i dont know :wink:BTW, rabid columbian otters, before your time James :wink:

(LOL)

whatever happens with this tread/trip, if it's in the near future, it will not involve DSW. He's got a work schedule from hell.

I'm up for something tho. I've got some new gear coming in soon, and need a testing...tank???

Ok, so can we have a show of hands for the various options that were posted previously?? I think the options were:
1. Ginnie - camping at spring or nearby state parks, diving the two sets of springs, santa fe river drift, lots of room for a large party.
2. Crystal River - camping nearby state parks? Hiring pontoon boats for river drifts (Rainbow and Silver?), Williston/Ocala dives for a fee or Manatee Springs.
3. Venice (and surrounding areas) - camping nearby state parks, shore diving, Myakka river drift? Room on beach for party or in state parks.
4. Other options - Branford, Sebastian Inlet and SE FL - wasnt much interest shown for these nor info provided, but are options if we decide to have a roaming tour of the state.

As for timing, although october would be nice - not too cool nor hot, if we went with Crystal River later in the season might work out well with the manatees returning for the BBQ, the other three options whenever we decide it would be about the same conditions. Cast your votes now! (or else continue to discuss these and other options :wink: )

There was mention of a themed party and getting a gas grill to cut down on cooking time and allow the cook to actually dive this time! Ken still has some kind of surplus of supplies from the may Ginnie BBQ, to cover plates, napkins, cutlery, cups and a few other bits i am sure, just need bread and grillable goods.

I believe that summarises the actual info in this thread pretty well - leaving out the other banter as should be the case in any thread :wink: Who wants to step in and fill DSW's boots for the running of this little event?

Crystal river due to the central location and known factors such diving conditions & manatees. This is a spot for ALL diver levels and cheap to rent pontoon boats.However we are gonna be at whatever is decided on. We missed the last blowout cuz we were in Cozumel.

any locals with imput as to what Venice Beach conditions are like in October?

Duly noted Colin. Again if it were Crystal River we could look later in the season, but we still want some sun out there to warm our FL bones :wink:

The "votes" i have found so far (you can vote for more than one) in this thread are roughly spread like this:
1. Ginnie - DSW, Simbrooks
2. Crystal River - CBulla, Simbrooks, Scubafool, Wildbill, H2Andy, GrierPharmD, DSW, Cardzard
3. Venice - Wildbill, CBulla
4. a) Brandford - Jviehe
b) Sebastian Inlet - DSW
c) SE FL - Virus
Votes are based on suggestions in favour of these sites or as potential sites, those voicing concerns were typically taken as not being votes.

So far overwhelming about the Crystal River area.

Crystal River has a LOT of different possibilities to dive and for camping or lodging. This might sound funny, but I've been considering relocation to that region.

November would be nice.. the manatees are coming back then and the temps are still up in the 80s most days.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom