Megadive O-5!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Down here, they can't even take a tempature, and if your kid is bleeding from some scrape, they can only put cold water on it, no bandaids, or antiseptic. Then they call the parent. I got one call one day, oh and most schools don't even have a nurse cause budget cuts.
School: Hi, your daughter is here, she doesn't feel good.
Me: What is her tempature?
School: We didn't take it, can you come pick her up?
(I work 14 miles from the school)
Me: Uh, what is bothering her? Is she sick? Earache? Tummy Ache? Just rying to get out of a test?
School: Do you want to speak to her?
Me: (getting frustrated cause the boss is looking over my shoulder). Yes.
and it goes on and on...

So it is somewhat different than when we were at school then!

Scuba_Jenny:
Careful Simon, you are starting to sound like a parent....:D

Perish the thought! :D

Tao, sorry to hear that you won't make it, & most definitely best wishes.

As things have turned out, I should be there ~ 9 A.M. I might need to do a run to CE East, but should be ready to dive immediately following.

for those comming in friday, my son rick, will be coming in from Atlanta around 8pm Fri.for the weekend of camping and diving, as a nervous mother ,I ask you all to keep him out of trouble till I get there sat morning . He is a new diver, single, and goodlooking. SmoakAire said he would guide him, now that worries me.The wild leading the wild??

About the gas tank, drop it at the campsite, please. About watching after Rick,... Good looking? The ladies will take care of him, I'm SURE! Having Smokey the bear playing with Nepalm in a dry timber area? WHAT?! ARE YOU CRAZY?! Well, at least you're not asking him to watch after your DAUGHTER!
Let him know where we're going to be and just to come up and introduce himself. We'll either keep him out of trouble, or post bail on Saturday before you get there!
Tao, that's a rough gig man! We'll definitely have you in our prayers. If the test results come back as pregnant, find another doctor quick!
Now to the issue of sick kids in school,...
When I was your age; Everything was AMPUTATION!
IE: I bruised my knee
"We have to amputate at the neck!"

I sprained my ankle
"We have to amputate at the neck!"
and that was just what my Dad said!

Hmmm,... come to think of it, there were a lot of kids in my school who "dropped out" supposedly. Sounds like a great beginning to a horror movie starring the cast of Scary Movie!

madeline:
scubafool would love to follow your reel sat.

for those comming in friday, my son rick, will be coming in from Atlanta around 8pm Fri.for the weekend of camping and diving, as a nervous mother ,I ask you all to keep him out of trouble till I get there sat morning . He is a new diver, single, and goodlooking.

Firstly, the last diver to follow my reel never returned, so beware!

So you are a nervous mother, huh? Try being a nervous husband! :D

See you Saturday, and bring beer in case I drink it all Friday night.

Scuba_Jenny:
Good luck Tao, you are in our thoughts and prayers.
As for Hermit Crab, I sent her to school today, and am waiting for school to get out, then an updated tempature..and a decision....

????? Are you gracing us rednecks with your prescence? I am warning you, we will miss you if you don't.

Well, right now, Hermit Crab is sleeping, her temp is down a little and I am trying hard to justify the drive with a kid and a fever.

Tough call there. Delay the descision till the morning, sometimes kids recover most miraculously.

I don't envy you the drive, the 2 1/2 from here is bad enough.

I'll check the thread early in the A.M. before I leave.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom