Megadive O-5!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

simbrooks:
Do we need a tarp up over the cooking area? Its not "supposed" to be even thinking of being wet this weekend.

Anyone else thinking of getting there early on in the day besides Ken, Jarrod and myself - who is arriving sometime before or around midday on friday? I need dive buddies, not to sit around whining to Ken and Jarrod again about how i want to dive but no-one is around to do so :wink:

I plan to be there and dive most of the day on Friday. I will not be paying to dive Sunday, so I need to get in all the diving on Fri and Sat. The whole "pay to camp PLUS pay full price to dive" really annoys me, so I will limit my dive fees that way. It's the biggest reason that I have never camped at Ginnie before. The camping price is ridiculous unless you include the park admission fees, and they don't you credit toward diving fees if you camp. So... definitely hotel or other park if I need to stay multiple days for diving, with the exception of MegaDives.

adder70:
I plan to be there and dive most of the day on Friday. I will not be paying to dive Sunday, so I need to get in all the diving on Fri and Sat. The whole "pay to camp PLUS pay full price to dive" really annoys me, so I will limit my dive fees that way. It's the biggest reason that I have never camped at Ginnie before. The camping price is ridiculous unless you include the park admission fees, and they don't you credit toward diving fees if you camp. So... definitely hotel or other park if I need to stay multiple days for diving, with the exception of MegaDives.

Since I am in Orlando for work this week and was not able to tote my camping stuff down should I still try to camp and dive or just rent a hotel room and drive to and from the springs?

I'll be down mid afternoon of Friday and hope to dive Friday and Saturday.

Thanks in advance
Jason

Damnit to hell. Catastrophe has stricken. All was going well in the planning stages, and I've recently discovered that I may have cancer, and my surgery precludes any other activities for a while. Surgery will be the third of june, but in the meantime, with all the doctor appointments and the devastation its taking to my vacation and sicktime, I'm not going to be able to make it this time around. But I shall be at the fall divefest, even if i have to teach my surgeon how to dive. I'd also appreciate it if you would all keep me and the wife in your prayers/ thoughts/ meditations, as there is still a chance that it's not cancerous, but it's getting removed either way. Ya'll have a great time, take/ post lots of pictures, and I'm there with you in spirit.

jadiverinmd:
Since I am in Orlando for work this week and was not able to tote my camping stuff down should I still try to camp and dive or just rent a hotel room and drive to and from the springs?

I'll be down mid afternoon of Friday and hope to dive Friday and Saturday.
Have you got transport/dive gear with you? I think Ken said that he had some spare tent space - not sure if anyone has a spare sleeping bag though. Rent if you want, it'll cost more than camping though, but there are rooms close enough. PM Mark Vlahos, maybe you two can split a room?

Tao of the dive:
Damnit to hell. Catastrophe has stricken. All was going well in the planning stages, and I've recently discovered that I may have cancer, and my surgery precludes any other activities for a while. Surgery will be the third of june, but in the meantime, with all the doctor appointments and the devastation its taking to my vacation and sicktime, I'm not going to be able to make it this time around. But I shall be at the fall divefest, even if i have to teach my surgeon how to dive. I'd also appreciate it if you would all keep me and the wife in your prayers/ thoughts/ meditations, as there is still a chance that it's not cancerous, but it's getting removed either way. Ya'll have a great time, take/ post lots of pictures, and I'm there with you in spirit.
Man that sucks, sorry to hear that you have some kind of tumor cancerous or not. Hope the meds and operation get it all out! Blows Jenny's fever excuse right out of the water :wink:

Tao of the Dive:
Damnit to hell. Catastrophe has stricken. All was going well in the planning stages, and I've recently discovered
that I may have cancer, and my surgery precludes any other activities for a while.

Tao, i am so sorry to hear this. this is terrible news. hang in there, man...

the first report is always wrong

Good luck Tao, you are in our thoughts and prayers.
As for Hermit Crab, I sent her to school today, and am waiting for school to get out, then an updated tempature..and a decision....

Scuba_Jenny:
As for Hermit Crab, I sent her to school today, and am waiting for school to get out, then an updated tempature..and a decision....
If in doubt, give it to the other kids at school and let the school nurse give her drugs - nice :wink: j/k Jenny, hope to see you tomorrow.

Careful Simon, you are starting to sound like a parent....:D

Scuba_Jenny:
Careful Simon, you are starting to sound like a parent....:D
Isnt it cheaper (read free) for them to give the kids drugs as long as there is consent and nothing but OTC type stuff - it was in our day, not sure about now. Sounds cheaper than buying a whole host of OTC stuff at your local pharmacy - one day Christina will be able to write scripts too, should make life easier for us and any family that comes along - eventually! :wink:

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom