meg diving in SC or NC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stsc-Andy-Pa

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am planning a trip down to myrtle beach (family visit) and I am looking to see who can take me and my wife out diving for Meg teeth. I am either going down to Cooper river or up to Wilmington NC. either one works as the drive is thew same both ways. Can anyone give me the name of so dive shops or likewise that go out for these. I am also coming back to go out with Express Scuba later in the week and would like to both during the week. Thanks for the help, Andy

The cooper river is probably a better bet for meg teeth, but its pretty much blackwater and gator diving. It can get crazy with the currents and bank cut outs. The fossil ledge is decent, lots of teeth but also lots of growth on them. Theres also whale bones by the tons out there. Overall probably a better dive and you can actually see what's goin on.

thanks, I saw /was looking at Aquatic Safaris in NC. Who goes to Copper river? any names i could call for diving?

Last time I was out with Aquatic Safaris for Meg teeth I also picked up a sperm whale tooth. About 4 inches long with nice rings on it.

I went out with Scuba Now out of Wilmington in May of this year for Meg teeth. They have 2 nice Newton boats and put us right on the teeth nearly every dive. They have a nice shop, good crews, and it was a great trip. I'll be booking with them again. Another plus with Scuba Now is they include free rental and fills of Faber 100s with the charter. We did get blown out one day, which happens from time to time. For either SC or NC, I would suggest booking your diving early in your trip just in case the weather doesn't cooperate. That will leave you room to reschedule later in the week.

I've also dived with Scuba Express. I liked the boat and operation. The dives were so-so in my opinion.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom